- If you did not download Pex yet, Download Pex to get the Pex Wizard.
- The Pex Wizard is your "one-push button" solution to get started with Pex:
pexwizard.exe <your assembly name>
The wizard does the following steps:
- it generates Parameterized Test Stubs for all methods of the visible API,
- compiles the generated project (containing parameterized tests), and
- tells you how to launch Pex on the compiled assembly.
After the Wizard is done, you can launch Pex with a command-line similar to the following:
pex.exe <generated parameterized test stubs.dll> [more options]
Pex will generate parameterless test cases
from the parameterized test stubs.
At that point, Pex will generate inputs that may find violations of assertions in the code-under-test, or issues like a NullReferenceException
We strongly recommend that you start to tweak the Parameterized Test Stubs
which the Wizard generated, calling more functions, and adding test assertions.