The workshop will focus on the design, implementation, and evaluation of search interfaces to support information-seeking activities. This workshop is intended to act as a focal point for researchers and practitioners whose work is related to search interface design, to enable them to share experiences and collaborate.
We are particularly interested in interfaces that support complex and exploratory search tasks.
The desired outcomes of the workshop are as follows:
- Create a forum in which search interface designs can be presented and discussed among experts
- Identify common requirements for search interfaces, in particular those addressing complex and exploratory search tasks
- Discuss the evaluation of search intefaces and identify potential small-scale pilot evaluations of selected presented interfaces (as part of the breakout sessions).
- Connect industrial and academic researchers and practitioners who provide online services, both commercial and non-commercial.
- Initiate possible collaborations between participants with complementary interests, from different communities.