This page is not up to date! Kindly proceed to http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/people/navda
Microsoft Research India
196/36 2nd Main, Sadashivnagar
Bangalore 560 080
Tel: +91 (80) 6658-6000
Fax: +91 (80) 2361-4657
E-mail: [userid] navda [domain] microsoft.com
I am a researcher at the Mobility, Networks, and Systems group at Microsoft Research India. I work in the area of Mobile Systems and Wireless Networking. I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Stony Brook University in Dec 2007.
Here’s a link to my Stony Brook home page.
· Ashish Sharma (MSR India Intern from UCSB), Vishnu Navda, Ramachandran Ramjee, Venkat Padmanabhan (MSR India), Elizabeth Belding (UCSB), “Cool-Tether: Energy Efficient On-the-fly WiFi Hot-spots using Mobile Phones” to appear in ACM International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT 2009), Rome, Dec 1, 2009.
· Ranveer Chandra (MSR Redmond), Sandeep Karanth (MSR India), Thomas Moscibroda (MSR Redmond), Vishnu Navda (MSR India), Jitu Padhye, (MSR Redmond), Ram Ramjee (MSR India), Lenin Ravindranath (MIT), “DirCast: A Practical and Efficient WiFi Multicast System” to appear in International Conference in Network Protocols (ICNP 2009), Princeton, Oct 13, 2009.
· Anand Prabhu Subramanian, Vishnu Navda, Pralhad Deshpande, Samir R. Das, “A Measurement Study of Inter-Vehicular Communication Using Steerable Beam Directional Antenna”, fifth ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Inter-Networking (VANET 2008), San Fransisco, September 15, 2008. Paper(pdf)
· Himanshu Gupta, Vishnu Navda, Samir Das, Vishal Chowdhary, Energy-Efficient Gathering of Correlated Data in Sensor Networks, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN 2008). Paper(pdf)
· Vishnu Navda, Anand Prabhu Subramanian, Kannan Dhanasekaran, Andreas Timm-Giel, Samir R. Das MobiSteer: Using Steerable Beam Directional Antenna for Vehicular Network Access, ACM MobiSys 2007, Puerto Rico. Best Paper Award Paper(pdf) BibTeX Entry
· Vishnu Navda, Aniruddha Bohra, Samrat Ganguly, Dan Rubenstein Using Channel Hopping to Increase 802.11 Resilience to Jamming Attacks, IEEE INFOCOM Mini-Symposium, 2007, Anchorage, Alaska. Paper(pdf) BibTeX Entry