athalie is a researcher at Microsoft Research since december 2008. She is a team member of the neXus research group led by Kori Inkpen Quinn. Her interests lie in the visual exploration of graphs and networks, visualization of groups, interactive graph navigation techniques and evaluation methods for information visualization.
New exciting projects she is involved in at MSR include
the visualization of social networks, brain connectivity networks, and taking advantage of natural user interactions (sketch, natural language) to create and interact with visualizations.
Her life changed in january 2011 as she welcomed a little Emma into her family; and got really busy in april 2013 as Emma's little brother Aïdan joined the crew.
- Benjamin Bach, Nathalie Henry Riche, Tim Dwyer, Tara Madhayastha, Jean-Daniel Fekete, Tom Grabowski. Small MultiPiles: Piling Time to Explore Temporal Patterns in Dynamic Networks . In Proceedings of Eurographics Conference on Visualization (EuroVis) , 2015, in press.
- Sanjay Kairam, Nathalie Henry Riche, Steven M. Drucker, Roland Fernandez, Jeffrey Heer. Refinery: Visual Exploration of Large, Heterogeneous Networks through Associative Browsing . In Proceedings of Eurographics Conference on Visualization (EuroVis) , 2015, in press.
- Kasper Dinkla, Nathalie Henry Riche, Michel Westenberg. Dual Adjacency Matrix: Exploring Link Groups in Dense Networks. In Proceedings of Eurographics Conference on Visualization (EuroVis) , 2015, in press.
- Fereshteh Amini, Nathalie Henry Riche, Bongshin Lee, Christophe Hurter, and Pourang Irani. Understanding Data Videos: Looking at Narrative Visualization through the Cinematography Lens In Proceedings of ACM SIGCHI 2015 , in press.
- Bongshin Lee, Nathalie Henry Riche, Petra Isenberg, and Sheelagh Carpendale. More than Telling a Story: A Closer Look at the Process of Transforming Data into Visually Shared Stories . In IEEE CG&A journal (Visualization Viewpoints) , 2015, in press.