WG 2.3 "Programming Methodology" is
one of the working groups of IFIP
Technical Committee 2
(Software: Theory and Practice)
This site has moved. Click here for the new official IFIP WG 2.3 site.
To increase programmers' ability to compose programs.
- Identification of sources of difficulties encountered in present day
- the interdependence between the formulation of problems and the
formulation of programs, and the mapping of relations existing in the world of
problems into the relations among programs and their components;
- intellectual disciplines and problem-solving techniques that can aid
programmers in the composition of programs;
- the problem of achieving program reliability;
- the consequences of requirements for program adaptability;
- the problem of provability of program correctness and its influence on the
structure of programs and on the process of their composition;
- guidelines of partitioning large programming tasks and defining the
interfaces between the parts;
- software for mechanized assistance to program composition.