I am a researcher in the database group at Microsoft Research. I am interested in a broad range of topics dealing with large-scale data management systems. My current interests include main-memory databases, database support for new hardware platforms, transaction processing, cloud computing, and support for new data-intensive applications, such as social/recommender systems. Past work includes non-blocking join algorithms, Resource Description Framework (RDF) data management, and context and preference-aware data management.
Prior to joining Microsoft, I received a PhD from the University of Minnesota and a BA from Carleton College. During my PhD, I was the main architect of CareDB, a context and preference-aware database system.
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
- Main-memory database systems
- Database support for new hardware paradigms
- Transaction processing
- Cloud computing
- Social/recommender systems
- [3.16.13] - Co-chairing the 1st International Workshop on In-Memory Data Management and Analytics, IMDM 2013
- [3.15.13] - Serving on the program committee for ICDE 2014
- [2.28.13] - Serving on the program committee for VLDB 2014/review board for PVLDB Vol. 7
- [1.1.13] - Nice article on MSR and SQL Server collaboration on Hekaton
- [12.15.12] - Bw-tree paper accepted at ICDE 2012
- [12.15.12] - Sibera cold-data classification paper accepted at ICDE 2012