I am a researcher in the database group at Microsoft Research. I am interested in a broad range of topics dealing with large-scale data management systems. My current interests include main-memory databases, database support for new hardware platforms, document-oriented databases, transaction processing, cloud computing, and support for new data-intensive applications, such as social/recommender systems. My research has been commercialized in a number of Microsoft products, including the SQL Server Hekaton main-memory database engine and Azure DocumentDB.
- Main-memory database systems
- Database support for new hardware paradigms
- Transaction processing
- Cloud computing
- Social/recommender systems
- Serving on the program committee for ICDE 2015.
- Co-chairing the 2nd International Workshop on In-Memory Data Management and Analytics, IMDM 2014
- Indexing on modern hardware demo accepted at SIGMOD 2014
- Serving on the program committee for VLDB 2015/review board for PVLDB Vol. 8
- Giving an invited talk at DBRank 2013 on ranking and new database architectures
- LLAMA paper accepted at VLDB 2013/PVLDB 6
- Attending HPTS 2013 to talk about high-performance indexing.
- Speaking at the 2013 Microsoft Research Faculty Summit.
- Our paper "Flexible and Extensible Preference Evaluation in Database Systems" accepted for publication in ACM TODS.
- Bw-tree article published in IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin issue on main-memory database systems.
- Nice article on MSR and SQL Server collaboration on Hekaton