am a Senior Researcher at the Theory
Group of Microsoft Research,
and an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Mathematics
at the University of Washington.
Probability Theory and Combinatorics.
- Workshop organization:
- Ph.D. thesis, Tel Aviv University (2007).
Thesis advisor: Prof. Noga Alon.
- Information percolation for the Ising model (Buenos Aires, Jul 2014)
- Large deviations in random graphs (Erdős Lecture Series, Mar 2014)
- The Ising model: cutoff and beyond (Harvard, Feb 2014)
- Random triangle removal (Stanford, Jan 2014)
- Limiting shape & cube-root fluctuations of the level lines of (2+1)D SOS (Discrete Random Geometry workshop, Sweden, Aug 2013)
- Cutoff phenomenon: instant randomnesss (Hebrew University, Dec 2012)
- The static and stochastic Ising models (Stanford, May 2012)
- Mini-course on Cutoff for Ising on the Lattice, parts
V (La-Pietra, Florence, Jun 2011)
- Mini-course on mixing times of Markov Chains, parts
IV (PIMS summer school in probability, Jun 2010)
- Critical slowdown for the Ising model on the 2D lattice (Harvard, Mar 2010)
- Cutoff for the Ising model on the lattice (MIT, Mar 2010)
- Anatomy of a young giant component in the random graph (Rome, Feb 2010)
- Glauber Dynamics for Spin Systems at High & Critical Temperatures (ICMP 2009)
- Cutoff Phenomena in Random Walks on Random Regular Graphs (Oberwolfach, Apr 2009)
- Non-backtracking random walks on expanders (UW, Nov 2007)
- Uniformly cross intersecting families
- Shannon capacity and Index Coding
Tel: (425) 703-7942
Fax: (425) 936-7329
Theory Group, Microsoft Research
One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
On September 1st 2008, a tragic hiking accident took the life of our dear colleague and friend,
His memory and inspiration will always be in my heart.