Before the workshop we would like you to document your own and possibly others’ use of technology for one evening/night. Use photos, sketches, video, text, audio…
If you will be arriving in time, you could collect your observations and reflections in the city of Florence on the night prior to the workshop. You will be able to post your thoughts and photos to the workshop blog in advance of the conference.
Date: 6 April 2008
Time: 13:00 - 21:30
Location: Florence, Italy
- Introductions and overview of workshop topic
- Short discussion of the position papers and pre-workshop activities
- Selection of four themes, and break up into small thematic-led groups
- Group-based discussion and design exercise based around themes
- An expedition into Florence for inspiration, and insitu brainstorm of night/darkness design ideas
- Rapid group reviews and posting of longer reviews and critique to workshop blog
Participants will be given approximately 10 minutes to present their position papers and/or describe the materials they have collected prior to the workshop.