Updated: March 2012
This Code of Conduct applies to all Microsoft Research services that allow users to post or share content with others, when those services display or link to this Code of Conduct (the 'services'). Please read the Code of Conduct and any supplemental information below for additional details about particular services that you may use.
As a user of the service, you will uphold this Code of Conduct and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload. In addition to upholding this Code of Conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
You will not upload, post, transmit, transfer, distribute, or facilitate distribution of any content (including text, images, sound, video, data, information, or software) or otherwise use the service in a way that:
· Depicts nudity of any sort including full or partial human nudity or nudity in non-human forms such as cartoons, fantasy art or manga.
· Incites, advocates, or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence.
· Misrepresents the source of anything you post or upload, including impersonation of another individual or entity.
· Provides or creates links to external sites that violate this Code of Conduct.
· Includes content that is protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
· Is intended to harm or exploit minors in any way.
· Is designed to solicit, or collect personally identifiable information of any minor (anyone under 18 years old), including, but not limited to: name, email address, home address, phone number, or the name of their school.
· Invades anyone's privacy by attempting to harvest, collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, such as passwords, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information without their knowledge and willing consent.
· Is illegal or violates any applicable local and national laws, including but not limited to child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
· Threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimizes, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason, including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion, or incites or encourages anyone else to do so.
· Harms or disrupts, or intends to harm or disrupt, another user's computer or would allow you or others to illegally access software or bypass security on Web sites, or servers, including but not limited to spamming.
· Attempts to impersonate a Microsoft employee, agent, manager, host, administrator, moderator, another user, or any other person through any means.
· Promotes or otherwise facilitates the purchase and sale of ammunition or firearms.
· Contains or could be considered 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', 'affiliate marketing', or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
· Mischaracterizes content you post or upload or contains the same or similar content to other content you have already posted.
· Attempts to manipulate the services, including ranking and reputation systems in the services, by violating any of the provisions of this Code of Conduct, colluding with others on voting, or using multiple profiles.
· Offers to make international money transfers.
· Contains advertising, online surveys, or online contests.
You will not:
· Use the service to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft.
· Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the service (or any network connected to the service).
· Resell or redistribute any part of the service or access to the service.
· Use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the service.
· Remove, modify, or tamper with any notice or link that is incorporated into the service.
· Use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings without the express written consent of Microsoft Corporation.
Termination and Cancellation
Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to ban participants or terminate access to services.
Rights and Responsibilities
We encourage you not to share information that others could use to harm you. We encourage parents to be aware of and help exercise control over content posted by and activities of their children to keep them safe online.
Microsoft is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing, or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware, or viruses that may be encountered for items downloaded from the service. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
Microsoft reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to review these guidelines periodically to ensure you are in compliance.
Some information you provide or upload to the service may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
Report Violations of this Code of Conduct
We seek to ensure enjoyable experiences for users of all Microsoft Research services.
If you see content that violates this Code of Conduct, please report it for review by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, see Microsoft Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com.