Setting AutoCollage Input Options
AutoCollage uses advanced image processing technologies such as face detection and
image entropy to select collage images. These techniques are heuristics,
and though they often work well, you may wish to override their results.
For example, when AutoCollage detects a face in an image, it makes a
note of the face size and location. This information is used to:
- Choose images for the collage. AutoCollage is more likely to create collages using
images containing faces.
- Prevent faces from being obscured. When a face is detected in an image, it's very
unlikely AutoCollage will allow that face to be obscured in the final collage.
AutoCollage Input Options allows you to enable display of image ranking
and face detection information, and to enable manual revision of that
To set input options:
- If the Options dialog isn't already open, select the Options
button in the
Actions Pane to bring it up.
- Select the Input tab.
- Select the box next to Display detected faces, placing an
x to enable it. When enabled, detected faces are shown inside a
yellow rectangle in each image displayed in the Image Preview Pane.
- If you've enabled display of detected faces, you can also enable manual
face detection. This option allows you to alter face detection results.
- Select the box next to Display ranking information, placing an
x to enable it. When enabled, ranking information is displayed on images
in the Image Preview Pane through a variety of means.
- Similar to face detection, if you've enabled display of ranking information, you can check
'Allow manual ranking' to allow alteration of autocollage-determined image ranking.
See also: Using Face Detection,
Using Ranking Information,
AutoCollage Tips and Tricks