Automated reasoning and the applications of decision making
We pursue research on automated reasoning, adaptation, and the theories and applications of decision making and learning. Our research goals include learning from data and data mining. By building software that automatically learns from data, we design applications that have new functions and flexibility. Our research focuses on using statistical methods for the development of more advanced, intelligent computer systems.
- Algorithmic Economics
- Artificial Intelligence Group
- Deep Learning Technology Center
- Machine Learning and Intelligence
- Machine Teaching Group
- Natural Language Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Programming Languages and Tools
- Speech and Dialogue
Mohammad Raza, Sumit Gulwani, and Natasa Milic-Frayling, Compositional Program Synthesis from Natural Language and Examples, March 2015.
Asta Roseway, Yuliya Lutchyn, Paul Johns, Elizabeth Mynatt, and Mary Czerwinski, BioCrystal: An Ambient Tool for Emotion and Communication , in IJMHCI, March 2015.
Andrew Brown, Zhihao Ding, Ana Viñuela, Dan Glass, Leopold Parts, Tim Spector, John Winn, and Richard Durbin, Pathway Based Factor Analysis of Gene Expression Data Produces Highly Heritable Phenotypes that Associate with Age, in G3: Genes | Genomes | Genetics, March 2015.
Bin Gao and Tie-Yan Liu, Global Optimization for Advertisement Selection in Sponsored Search, in JOURNAL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 1 March 2015.
Grégoire Mesnil, Yann Dauphin, Kaisheng Yao, Yoshua Bengio, Li Deng, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Xiaodong He, Larry Heck, Gokhan Tur, Dong Yu, and Geoffrey Zweig, Using Recurrent Neural Networks for Slot Filling in Spoken Language Understanding, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, March 2015.
- Project Malmo
- Visualizing Large-scale and High-dimensional Data
- FarmBeats: IoT for Agriculture
- Homomorphic Encryption
- DIOSI: Dynamics of Intimacy from Online Social Interactions
- DiPsy: A Digital Psychologist
- Image Chat
- Dog Recognition
- The Rise of Autonomous Experimentation: Technical, Social, and Ethical Implications of AI
- Large Scale Weakly Supervised Learning
- DeepCU: Deep Learning for Conversational Understanding
- Dual Embedding Space Model (DESM)
- Video and Language
- Conversational Intelligence
- Low-rank Matrix Completion and Estimation
- LINE: Large-scale Information Network Embedding