Automated reasoning and the applications of decision making
We pursue research on automated reasoning, adaptation, and the theories and applications of decision making and learning. Our research goals include learning from data and data mining. By building software that automatically learns from data, we design applications that have new functions and flexibility. Our research focuses on using statistical methods for the development of more advanced, intelligent computer systems.
- Algorithmic Economics
- Artificial Intelligence Group
- Deep Learning Technology Center
- Machine Learning and Intelligence
- Machine Teaching Group
- Natural Language Computing
- Natural Language Processing
- Programming Languages and Tools
- Speech and Dialogue
Grégoire Mesnil, Yann Dauphin, Kaisheng Yao, Yoshua Bengio, Li Deng, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Xiaodong He, Larry Heck, Gokhan Tur, Dong Yu, and Geoffrey Zweig, Using Recurrent Neural Networks for Slot Filling in Spoken Language Understanding, in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, March 2015.
Bin Gao and Tie-Yan Liu, Global Optimization for Advertisement Selection in Sponsored Search, in JOURNAL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 1 March 2015.
Asta Roseway, Yuliya Lutchyn, Paul Johns, Elizabeth Mynatt, and Mary Czerwinski, BioCrystal: An Ambient Tool for Emotion and Communication , in IJMHCI, March 2015.
Nathan Wiebe, Ashish Kapoor, and Krysta M. Svore, Quantum Nearest-neighbor Algorithms for Machine Learning, in Quantum Information and Computation, vol. 15, no. 3&4, pp. 0318-0358, Rinton Press, March 2015.
Mohammad Raza, Sumit Gulwani, and Natasa Milic-Frayling, Compositional Program Synthesis from Natural Language and Examples, March 2015.
- SemanticPaint: Interactive 3D Labeling and Learning at your Fingertips
- MSR Ethics Review Framework
- Microsoft Academic Graph
- Depth from Time-of-Flight
- Platform for Interactive Concept Learning (PICL)
- Data-Driven Conversation
- FaST-LMM (FActored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models)
- Team Three Rs
- Fully Articulated Hand Tracking
- PICL: Platform for Interactive Concept Learning
- Learning to be a depth camera for close-range human capture and interaction
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial)
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-Time RGB-D Camera Relocalization
- Microsoft 3-Handpose dataset
- ViiBoard: Vision-enhanced Immersive Interaction with Touch Board
- Alternating Minimization for Non-convex Optimization Problems