Helping people to organize and find information
Knowledge workers need software that is easy to use and intuitive. They need to find their information long after they’ve forgotten where they put their documents and what they named their files. They also need better tools to help them find and consume information on the Internet. Information-retrieval and search technologies are critical to making this happen. We are pursuing research in information retrieval, filtering, and management, as well as the use of classification technologies and the development of systems and interfaces that will enrich the user experience.
Alistair Moffat, Falk Scholer, Paul Thomas, and Peter Bailey, Pooled Evaluation Over Query Variations: Users are as Diverse as Systems, in Proceedings of the 24th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, October 2015.
Bhanu Vattikonda, Vacha Dave, Saikat Guha, and Alex C. Scoeren, Empirical Analysis of Search Advertising Strategies, in Proceedings of the 2015 Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), Tokyo, Japan, October 2015.
Vasileios Lampos, Elad Yom-Tov, Richard Pebody, and Ingemar J. Cox, Assessing the Impact of a Health Intervention via User-generated Internet Content, in Data mining and knowledge discovery, Springer, 7 September 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Benjamin Snyder, and Ruhi Sarikaya, Part-of-speech Taggers for Low-resource Languages using CCA Features, in Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, September 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, Ruhi Sarikaya, and Minwoo Jeong, New Transfer Learning Techniques For Disparate Label Sets, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 29 August 2015.
- Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
- Deep Learning Technology Center
- Knowledge Mining
- Multimedia Search and Mining
- Online Services and Advertising
- Web Search and Data Management
- Microsoft Academic Graph
- Concept Expansion
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial)
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Stroke Recovery with Kinect
- MSR Mood Board
- Query Result Navigation
- Synonym Mining
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- AutoTag 'n Search My Photos
- Search TrailBlazer
- Near-Duplicate News Article Detection