Helping people to organize and find information
Knowledge workers need software that is easy to use and intuitive. They need to find their information long after they’ve forgotten where they put their documents and what they named their files. They also need better tools to help them find and consume information on the Internet. Information-retrieval and search technologies are critical to making this happen. We are pursuing research in information retrieval, filtering, and management, as well as the use of classification technologies and the development of systems and interfaces that will enrich the user experience.
Vasileios Lampos, Elad Yom-Tov, Richard Pebody, and Ingemar J. Cox, Assessing the Impact of a Health Intervention via User-generated Internet Content, in Data mining and knowledge discovery, Springer, 7 September 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Ruhi Sarikaya, and Minwoo Jeong, New Transfer Learning Techniques For Disparate Label Sets, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 29 August 2015.
Young-Bum Kim and Ruhi Sarikaya, Pre-training of Hidden-Unit CRFs, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 28 August 2015.
Peter Bailey, Alistair Moffat, Falk Scholer, and Paul Thomas, User Variability and IR System Evaluation, in Proceedings of the 38th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR 2015), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
Anne Schuth, Katja Hofmann, and Filip Radlinski, Predicting Search Satisfaction Metrics with Interleaved Comparisons, in Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR) (to appear), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
- Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
- Deep Learning Technology Center
- Knowledge Mining
- Multimedia Search and Mining
- Online Services and Advertising
- Web Search and Data Management
- Microsoft Academic Graph
- Concept Expansion
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial)
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Stroke Recovery with Kinect
- MSR Mood Board
- Query Result Navigation
- Synonym Mining
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- AutoTag 'n Search My Photos
- Search TrailBlazer
- Near-Duplicate News Article Detection