Bioinformatics, synthetic biology, biomedicine, personalized medicine
Innovation in computing continues to yield dramatic productivity benefits to individuals, organizations, and societies, and nowhere is this more evident than in the potential of computing to improve dramatically the health and well-being of millions worldwide. Efforts to accomplish this far-reaching goal take many forms, including assisted cognition, tools for bioinformatics, synthetic biology, biomedicine, the confluence of mobile devices and healthcare, and personalized medicine.
Meredith Ringel Morris, Andrew Begel, and Ben Wiedermann, Understanding the Challenges Faced by Neurodiverse Software Engineering Employees: Towards a More Inclusive and Productive Technical Workforce, in Proceedings of ASSETS 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, October 2015.
Vasileios Lampos, Elad Yom-Tov, Richard Pebody, and Ingemar J. Cox, Assessing the Impact of a Health Intervention via User-generated Internet Content, in Data mining and knowledge discovery, Springer, 7 September 2015.
Yoli Shavit, Boyan Yordanov, Sara-Jane Dunn, Christoph M. Wintersteiger, Youssef Hamadi, and Hillel Kugler, Switching Gene Regulatory Networks, in 10th International Conference on Information Processing in Cells and Tissues (IPCAT 2015), Springer, September 2015.
Gordon Bell, Counting Every Heart Beat: Observation of a Quantified Selfie, no. MSR-TR-2015-53, 17 June 2015.
Elad Yom-Tov, Ebola data from the Internet: An opportunity for syndromic surveillance or a news event?, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 18 May 2015.
- Adaptive Systems and Interaction
- Mobile and Sensing Systems Group
- Technology for Emerging Markets
- Pop Therapy
- Project Premonition
- FaST-LMM (FActored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models)
- Eye Gaze Wheelchair
- Personalised online shopping study
- Catalyst: Center for Sustainable Development
- Staying in Touch with Friends: Technology Use by Children with Chronic Health Conditions
- ASHA Assist
- The Web as a Personal Archive
- Medical Imaging at Microsoft Research
- AIDS Quilt 2012 Interactive Digital Exhibits
- Postpartum Mood Study
- LifeX: Lifestyle eXplorer
- Computational Biology
- Touchless Interaction in Medical Imaging
- eHuatuo: Teaching Computer to Read Medical Records