Addressing challenges in geometric compression and multiresolution representations
We focus on new multimedia and graphics experiences made possible with the growth in computing power and storage. Our research focus spans the linear and interactive media spectrum, across television, broadband, and gaming. We seek to address the challenges involved in the high computational cost of producing, transmitting, and displaying complex models and multimedia signals, by researching multiresolution representations, signal enhancement, and compression of geometry and multimedia data.
|Image Composite Editor 2.0 adds auto-completion, stereographic projection|
|Improving the Halo 5 multiplayer experience|
|RoomAlive: Magical Experiences Enabled by Scalable, Adaptive Projector-Camera Units|
Dongwook Yoon, Nicholas Chen, François Guimbretière, and Abigail Sellen, RichReview: Blending Ink, Speech, and Gesture to Support Collaborative Document Review, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, October 2015.
Steven M. Drucker and Roland Fernandez, A Unifying Framework for Animated and Interactive Unit Visualizations, no. MSR-TR-2015-65, 6 August 2015.
Gerard Pons-Moll, Jonathan Taylor, Jamie Shotton, Aaron Hertzmann, and Andrew Fitzgibbon, Metric Regression Forests for Correspondence Estimation, in IJCV, Springer, August 2015.
- Audio and Acoustics Research Group
- Computer Vision
- Interactive Visual Media
- Multimedia, Interaction, and Communication
- RoomAlive Toolkit
- Dyadic Mano-a-Mano
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Eye-Gaze Tracking for Improved Natural User Interaction
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Gigapixel ArtZoom
- Scalable real-time volumetric surface reconstruction
- Real-Time, 3-D Scene Capture and Reconstruction
- Facing Interaction
- BodyAvatar: Creating 3-D Avatars with Your Body and Imagination
- VidWiki: Crowd-Enhanced Online Learning
- Microsoft Research Data Visualization Apps for Office