The intersection of computer science and the natural sciences
Whether it is the integration of computing and biology, novel computational tools and methods to predict and mitigate rapid changes occurring in the earth’s life-support systems, or the representations, analysis, and visualization of digitized geographic information, Microsoft Research is committed to providing computational support to unravel the mysteries of science.
- FaST-LMM - Factored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models - Windows Binary Files
- FetchClimate Web App
Yoli Shavit, Boyan Yordanov, Sara-Jane Dunn, Christoph M. Wintersteiger, Youssef Hamadi, and Hillel Kugler, Switching Gene Regulatory Networks, in 10th International Conference on Information Processing in Cells and Tissues (IPCAT 2015), Springer, September 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, Ruhi Sarikaya, and Minwoo Jeong, New Transfer Learning Techniques For Disparate Label Sets, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 29 August 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, and Ruhi Sarikaya, Pre-training of Hidden-Unit CRFs, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 28 August 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, Xiaohu Liu, and Ruhi Sarikaya, Compact Lexicon Selection with Spectral Methods, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 27 August 2015.
Neil Dalchau, Niall Murphy, Rasmus Petersen, and Boyan Yordanov, Synthesizing and tuning chemical reaction networks with specified behaviours, in International Conference on DNA Computing and Molecular Programming, Springer, August 2015.
- FaST-LMM (FActored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models)
- Open Solving Library for ODEs
- Trade-offs and decision making
- Conservation mapping
- Microsoft Research Bright Minds Competition
- Decision-Making in Stem Cells
- Face In The Crowd
- Road development
- Distribution Modeller: Environmental Modelling at the Speed of Thought
- SNAP Sequence Aligner
- 2020 Science
- Computational Social Science
- Conservation at Microsoft
- Wrap Latitude and Longitude