The goal of the Zing project is to build a flexible and scalable systematic state space exploration infrastructure for software.
Zing is a flexible and scalable infrastructure for exploring states of concurrent software systems. This infrastructure can be used for validating software at various levels: high-level protocol descriptions, work-flow specifications, web services, device drivers, and protocols in the core of the operating system. Zing is currently being used for developing drivers for Windows and Windows Phone.
Download is for non-commercial research use only; see EULA for details. Zing has a dependency on Visual Studio .NET, which is available to students and faculty in universities via the academic licensing program . Download Zing
- A. Udupa, A. Desai, S. K. Rajamani, Depth bounded explicit state model checking, in SPIN 2011. pdf
- M. Emmi, S. Qadeer, Z. Rakamaric, Delay-bounded scheduling, in POPL 2011. available here
- T. Andrews, S. Qadeer, S. K. Rajamani, J. Rehof, and Y. Xie, Zing: Exploiting Program Structure for Model Checking Concurrent Software, in CONCUR 2004. pdf
- T. Andrews, S. Qadeer, S. K. Rajamani, J. Rehof, and Y. Xie, Zing: A Model Checker for Concurrent Software, MSR Technical Report: MSR-TR-2004-10. pdf
- V. Levin, R. Palmer, S. Qadeer and S. K. Rajamani, Sound Transaction-based Reduction Without Cycle Detection, MSR Technical Report: MSR-TR-2005-40. available here
- S. Qadeer and S. K. Rajamani, Deciding Assertions in Programs with References, MSR Technical Report: MSR-TR-2005-08. available here
- S. Qadeer, S. K. Rajamani, and J. Rehof, Summarizing Procedures in Concurrent Programs, in POPL 2004. pdf
- M. Musuvathi and D. Dill, An Incremental Heap Canonicalization Algorithm, MSR Technical Report: MSR-TR-2005-37. available here
- C. Fournet, C. A. R. Hoare, S. K. Rajamani, and J. Rehof, Stuck-free Conformance, in CAV 2004. pdf
- C. Fournet, C. A. R. Hoare, S. K. Rajamani, and J. Rehof, Stuck-free Conformance Theory for CCS, MSR Technical Report: MSR-TR-2004-69. available here
- Zing: Exploiting Program Structure for Model Checking Concurrent Software presented at CONCUR 2004.
- Zing: A Systematic State Explorer for Concurrent Software a slide-deck with an overview of the entire project
- Summarizing Procedures in Concurrent Programs presented at Dagstuhl Seminar on Applied Deductive Verification 2003
- Summarizing Procedures in Concurrent Programs presented at ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, 2004
Please send inquiries about the Zing project to zing at microsoft dot com