Scalable Hyperlink Store
The Scalable Hyperlink Store is a specialized "database" for the web graph. SHS maintains the web graph in main memory, distributed over many machines. The system is available as C# source code as well as precompiled binaries.
- Marc Najork, The Scalable Hyperlink Store, in 20th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., June 2009.
- Marc Najork, Dennis Fetterly, Alan Halverson, Krishnaram Kenthapadi, and Sreenivas Gollapudi, Of Hammers and Nails: An Empirical Comparison of Three Paradigms for Processing Large Graphs, in 5th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), ACM, February 2012.
- Marc A. Najork. System and method for maintaining a distributed database of hyperlinks. US Patent 7,340,467, issued 3/4/2008.
- Marc A. Najork. Fault tolerance scheme for distributed hyperlink database. US Patent 7,627,777, issued 12/1/2009.
- Marc A. Najork. Incremental update scheme for hyperlink database. US patent 8,209,305, issued 6/26/2012.
- Marc A. Najork. Changing number of machines running distributed hyperlink database. US patent 8,392,366, issued 3/5/2013.