SenseWeb is a peer produced sensor network that consists of sensors deployed by contributors across the globe. It allows developing sensing applications that use the shared sensing resources and our sensor querying and tasking mechanisms. SensorMap is one such application that mashes up sensor data from SenseWeb on a map interface, and provides interactive tools to selectively query sensors and visualize data, along with authenticated access to manage sensors.
- SensorMap V3.1.20080807 released, 08/11/2008
- SensorMap V3.1.20080714 released, 07/14/2008
- SensorMap V3.1.20080514 released, 05/14/2008
- SensorMap V3.1 released: http://atom.research.microsoft.com/sensewebv3/sensormap/, 04/02/2008
- SensorMap supports rich data visualization for the SwissEx experiment, 02/29/2008
- SensorMap - A Microsoft Research Request for Research Proposals (RFP): Awards Announced
- SenseWeb Project was cited in "The Year in Infotech", MIT Technology Review, 12/26/2006
- Microsoft's Plan to Map the World in Real Time, Technology Review, 5/8/2006
- Adding Real-Time Info to Local Searchers, InternewNews.com, 5/11/2006
- Microsoft Research showcases future technology, EETimes, InformationWeek, CRN, 5/3/2006
- Microsoft Keeping Web Arsenal Well-Stocked, TheStreet.com, 5/3/2006
- Swiss Experiment - Interdisciplinary Environmental Research (some of the sensors are protected from the public)
- RFP Projects for SensorMap: Browsing the Physical World in Real-Time
- Data from SwissEx project
- Data from SEAMONSTER project
- Soil sensor data from JHU Life Under Your Feet
- Parking space data from a US city
- Traffic conditions and traffic camera images from Washington State Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Hossein Ahmadi, Nam Pham, Raghu Ganti, Tarek Abdelzaher, Suman Nath, and Jiawei Han, Privacy-aware Regression Modelling of Participatory Sensing Data, in SenSys'10: The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., November 2010.
- Nam Pham Duc, Raghu Kiran Ganti, Md. Yusuf S Uddin, Suman Nath, and Tarek Abdelzaher, Privacy-Preserving Reconstruction of Multidimensional Data Maps in Vehicular Participatory Sensing, in EWSN '2010: 7th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks, Springer Verlag, 2010.
- Nam Pham, Tarek Abdelzaher, and Suman Nath, On Bounding Data Stream Privacy in Distributed Cyber-physical Systems, in SUTC'2010: IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing , IEEE, 2010.
- Vibhor Rastogi and Suman Nath, Differentially Private Aggregation of Distributed Time-Series with Transformation and Encryption, in SIGMOD '10: Proceedings of the 2010 ACM SIGMOD international conference on Management of data, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2010.
- Michael Lehning, Nicholas Dawes, Mathias Bavay, Marc Parlange, Suman Nath, and Feng Zhao, Instrumenting the earth: next-generation sensor networks and environmental science , in The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery, Microsoft Research, October 2009.
- Suman Nath, Haifeng Yu, and Haowen Chan, Secure Outsourced Aggregation via One-way Chains, in ACM SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2009.
- Sebastian Michel, Ali Salehi, Liqian Luo, Nicholas Dawes, Karl Aberer, Guillermo Barrenetxea, Mathias Bavay, Aman Kansal, K. Ashwin Kumar, Suman Nath, Marc Parlange, Stewart Tansley, Catharine van Ingen, Feng Zhao, and Yongluan Zhou, Environmental Monitoring 2.0 (Demonstration), in 25th International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2009.
- Chi-Yin Chow, Mohamed F. Mokbel, Joe Nap, and Suman Nath, Evaluation of Range Nearest-Neighbor Queries with Quality Guarantee, in The 11th International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases (SSTD), 2009.
- Liqian Luo, Aman Kansal, Suman Nath, and Feng Zhao, SenseWeb: Sharing and Browsing Environmental Changes in Real Time, Microsoft, 9 December 2008.
- Liqian Luo, Aman Kansal, Suman Nath, and Feng Zhao, Sharing and Exploring Sensor Streams over Geocentric Interfaces, in 16th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 5 November 2008.
- Aman Kansal, SenseWeb: Wikipedia of Sensors, in (Invited Keynote) Collaborative R&D for Distributed Sensors Workshop, Microsoft, 3 November 2008.
- Andreas Krause, Eric Horvitz, Aman Kansal, and Feng Zhao, Towards Community Sensing, in International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 22 April 2008.
- Yanif Ahmad and Suman Nath, COLR-Tree: Communication Efficient Spatio-Temporal Index for a Sensor Data Web Portal, in ICDE'08: 24th International Conference on Data Engineering, 2008.
- Aman Kansal, Suman Nath, and Feng Zhao, SenseWeb: Shared Macro-scopes for Scientific Exploration, in Microsoft eScience Workshop at RENCI, 21 October 2007.
- Aman Kansal, Suman Nath, Jie Liu, and Feng Zhao, SenseWeb: An Infrastructure for Shared Sensing, in IEEE MultiMedia, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 8–13, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, October 2007.
- Aman Kansal, SenseWeb: A Shared Infrastructure for Internet-scale Sensing, in Invited Keynote at International Workshop on SensorWebsDatabases and Mining in Networked Sensing Systems (SWDMNSS), at the 4th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS 2007) , 6 June 2007.
- Aman Kansal and Feng Zhao, Location and Mobility in a Sensor Network of Mobile Phones, in ACM SIGMM 17th International workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio & Video (NOSSDAV), , Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 4 June 2007.
- Aman Kansal, Jie Liu, and Suman Nath, SensorMap and Toolkit Tutorial, in Tutorials at Information Processing in sensor Networks (IPSN), 28 April 2007.
- Tarek Abdelzaher, Yaw Anokwa, Péter Boda, Jeff Burke, Deborah Estrin, Leonidas Guibas, Aman Kansal, Samuel Madden, and Jim Reich, Mobiscopes for Human Spaces, in IEEE Pervasive Computing, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., April 2007.
- Aman Kansal, Michel Goraczko, and Feng Zhao, Building a Sensor Network of Mobile Phones, in Information Processing in sensor Networks (IPSN), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., April 2007.
- Aman Kansal, Hands On 2: Publishing Through SensorMap API's, 15 March 2007.
- Aman Kansal and Feng Zhao, Planetary Scale Audio-Visual Sensor Network, 5 March 2007.
- Suman Nath, Jie Liu, and Feng Zhao, SensorMap for Wide-Area Sensor Webs, in IEEE Computer, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 90–93, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, 2007.
- Aman Kansal, Lin Xiao, and Feng Zhao, Relevance Metrics for Coverage Extension Using Community Collected Cell-phone Camera Imagery, in ACM SenSys Workshop on World-Sensor-Web: Mobile Device Centric Sensor Networks and Applications, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 31 October 2006.