Software for reading/writing and sharing multidimensional arrays of data
Scientific DataSet (SDS) is a managed library for reading, writing and sharing array-oriented scientific data, such as time series, matrices, satellite or medical imagery, and multidimensional numerical grids.
- It features:
- Rich metadata to create self-descriptive data packages.
- Support for several common data formats, such as comma-separated values (CSV), network common data form (NetCDF), and hierarchical data format (HDF5).
- The ability to scale up from simple text files to multi-terabyte Windows Azure archives.
- Concurrent access to the data from multiple computing agents in multicore and distributed settings.
- Consistency checks and transactional updates.
Source code of the core library and more information about SDS library and tools can be found on CodePlex project site here: http://sds.codeplex.com.
This is a collaboration between MSR Computational Science lab in Cambridge, UK and the MST lab, Computer Science department, Moscow State University (in Russian).