This project aims to understand and characterize user behavior in online social networks. Specifically, we posit, analyze, and validate different models of formation and evolution of opinions in social networks. We characterize our models both in terms of stability and goodness in terms of an approximation ratio w.r.t. to a social optimum (e.g., Price of Anarchy, Price of Stability etc).
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Arindam Khan, and Renato Paes Leme, Role of Conformity in Opinion Dynamics in Social Networks, Proc. Intl. Conference on Social Networks (COSN), 1 October 2014.
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Kamesh Munagala, Modeling Opinion Dynamics in Social Networks, in Proc. of Intl. Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), ACM International Conference on Web Search And Data Mining, February 2014.
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Rina Panigrahy, and Mahyar Salek, Debiasing Social Wisdom, ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, August 2013.
- Kshipra Bhawalkar, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Kamesh Munagala, Coevolutionary Opinion Formation Games, in Proc. of the 45th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, ACM, June 2013.
- Anish Das Sarma, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Rina Panigrahy, and Li Zhang, Undertanding cyclic trends in social choices, in Proc. ACM Conf on Web Search and Data Mining, ACM, February 2012.