We are building a set of tools for dealing with network security and reliability. The tools allow to statically check networks and to dynamically test networks using automatically generated probe packets. Our tools include Batfish that checks routes created by routing protocols against network policies, Network Optimized Datalog that is a version of Datalog tuned to header spaces, and SecGuru that is used in Azure to check network access restrictions and consistency of routing configurations.
- Ari Fogel, Stanley Fung, Luis Pedrosa, Meg Walraed-Sullivan, Ramesh Govindan, Ratul Mahajan, and Todd Millstein, A General Approach to Network Configuration Analysis, USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, April 2015.
- Karthick Jayaraman, Nikolaj Bjrner, Geoff Outhred, and Charlie Kaufman, Automated Analysis and Debugging of Network Connectivity Policies, no. MSR-TR-2014-102, 26 July 2014.
- Nuno Lopes, Nikolaj Bjorner, Patrice Godefroid, Karthick Jayaraman, and George Varghese, Checking Beliefs in Dynamic Networks, no. MSR-TR-2014-58, 30 April 2014.
- Karthick Jayaraman, Microsoft Azure
- Gordon Plotkin, University of Edinburgh
- Todd Millstein, UCLA
Ari Fogel, UCLA, 2013, 2014
Mingchen Zhao, U Penn, 2013
Garvit Juniwal, UC Berkeley, 2014