END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR MICROSOFT PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE
Microsoft Research IPv6 Network Protocol Stack (pre-release version)
IMPORTANT READ CAREFULLY: This Microsoft End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software product identified above, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation (collectively, the "SOFTWARE"). By installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA; you may not use the SOFTWARE.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
- GRANT OF LICENSE.
This EULA grants you the following limited, non-exclusive rights:
- Basic Grant. You may install and use the SOFTWARE on an unlimited number of computers on your premises for the sole purposes of (i)evaluating and testing the SOFTWARE and/or providing feedback to Microsoft, and (ii)academic and commercial research and education.
- Additional License Rights. In addition to the rights granted in Section1(a), Microsoft grants you the right to (i)modify the portions of the SOFTWARE provided in source code form (your "Source Modifications"); and (ii)reproduce and distribute the source and/or object code forms of the SOFTWARE, or any portion thereof, and your Source Modifications; provided that you comply with Section1(c).
- Redistribution Requirements.
- If you redistribute the SOFTWARE and/or your Source Modifications, or any portion thereof as provided above, you agree: (i)to distribute the SOFTWARE only in conjunction with, and as part of, your Source Modifications which add significant functionality to the SOFTWARE; (ii)to distribute the SOFTWARE and/or your Source Modifications solely as part of your research and not in any commercial product; (iii)the SOFTWARE and/or your Source Modifications will not be distributed for profit; (iv)to retain all branding, copyright and trademark notices included with the SOFTWARE and include a copy of this EULA with any distribution of the SOFTWARE, or any portion thereof; and (v)to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Microsoft from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys’ fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of your Source Modifications.
- If you redistribute the Source Modifications, in addition to the foregoing terms, you also agree: (i)to provide a copy of your Source Modifications to Microsoft at the address listed below; (ii)to prominently state in the Source Modifications and associated documentation that it is modified source code of the SOFTWARE and indicate the date of the modification; and (iii) that Microsoft may, without limitation, reproduce, install, use, modify, distribute and transfer your Source Modifications in source and/or object code forms.
- Reserved Rights. Microsoft and its suppliers retain title and all ownership rights to the SOFTWARE. All rights not expressly granted are reserved to Microsoft.
- COPYRIGHT. All rights, title, and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE and any copies of the SOFTWARE are owned by Microsoft or its suppliers. The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Therefore, you must treat the SOFTWARE like any other copyrighted material.
- DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
- Limitations on Reverse-Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly. You may not reverse- engineer, decompile, or disassemble the object code portions of SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Pre-Release Code, Non-Commercial Use. The SOFTWARE contains PRERELEASE CODE that is not at the level of performance and compatibility of a final, generally available, product offering. The SOFTWARE may not operate correctly and may be substantially modified prior to first commercial shipment, if any. Microsoft is not obligated to make this or any later version of the SOFTWARE commercially available. The SOFTWARE is "Not for Commercial Use" and may only be used for the purposes described in this Section1. You may not use the SOFTWARE in a live operating environment where it may be relied upon to perform in the same manner as a commercially released product or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
- Not For Resale Software. You may not sell, resell, or otherwise transfer for value, the SOFTWARE.
- Rental. You may not rent, lease or lend the SOFTWARE.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You agree that you will not export or re-export the SOFTWARE, any part thereof, or any process or service that is the direct product of the SOFTWARE (the foregoing collectively referred to as the "Restricted Components"), to any country, person, entity or end user subject to U.S. export restrictions. You specifically agree not to export or re-export any of the Restricted Components (i) to any country to which the U.S. has embargoed or restricted the export of goods or services, which currently include, but are not necessarily limited to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, or to any national of any such country, wherever located, who intends to transmit or transport the Restricted Components back to such country; (ii) to any end-user who you know or have reason to know will utilize the Restricted Components in the design, development or production of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons; or (iii) to any end-user who has been prohibited from participating in U.S. export transactions by any federal agency of the U.S. government. You warrant and represent that neither the U.S. Commerce Department, Bureau of Export Administration nor any other U.S. federal agency has suspended, revoked or denied your export privileges.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of The Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software — Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Microsoft Corporation/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
If you acquired this product in the United States, this EULA is governed by the laws of the State of Washington.
If you acquired this product in Canada, this EULA is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. Each of the parties hereto irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and further agrees to commence any litigation that may arise hereunder in the courts located in the Judicial District of York, Province of Ontario.
If this product was acquired outside the United States, local law may apply.
Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact Microsoft for any reason, please send email to email@example.com or write: Microsoft Research, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399.
NO WARRANTIES. Microsoft expressly disclaims any warranty for the SOFTWARE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE REMAINS WITH YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Microsoft’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed five dollars (US$5.00).
NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Microsoft or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, this Microsoft product, even if Microsoft has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Si vous avez acquis votre produit Microsoft au CANADA, la garantie limitée suivante vous concerne:
EXCLUSION DE GARANTIES. Microsoft exclut expressément toute garantie relativement au PRODUIT LOGICIEL. DANS TOUTE LA MESURE PERMISE PAR LA LÉGISLATION APPLICABLE, LE PRODUIT LOGICIEL ET TOUTE AUTRE DOCUMENTATION S'Y RAPPORTANT SONT FOURNIS « TELS QUELS » SANS AUCUNE GARANTIE OU CONDITION QUELLE QU'ELLE SOIT, EXPRESSE OU IMPLICITE, LÉGALE OU CONVENTIONNELLE, ÉCRITE OU VERBALE, Y COMPRIS, SANS LIMITATION, LES GARANTIES LÉGALES OU CONDITIONS DE QUALITÉ MARCHANDE, D'APTITUDE À UN USAGE PARTICULIER, OU D'ABSENCE DE CONTREFAÇON. VOUS ASSUMEZ TOUS LES RISQUES DÉCOULANT DE L'UTILISATION ET DE LA PERFORMANCE DU PRODUIT LOGICIEL.
RESPONSABILITÉ LIMITÉE. La seule obligation de Microsoft et votre recours exclusif concernant ce contrat n’excèderont pas cinq dollars (US$5.00).
ABSENCE DE RESPONSABILITÉ POUR LES DOMMAGES. Microsoft ou ses fournisseurs ne pourront être tenus responsables en aucune circonstance de tout dommage quel qu’il soit (y compris mais non de façon limitative les dommages directs ou indirects causés par la perte de bénéfices commerciaux, l’interruption des affaires, la perte d’information commerciale ou toute autre perte pécuniaire) résultant de l’utilisation ou de l’impossibilité d’utilisation de ce produit, et ce, même si la société Microsoft a été avisée de l’éventualité de tels dommages. Certains états/juridictions ne permettent pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité relative aux dommages indirects ou consécutifs, et la limitation ci-dessus peut ne pas s’appliquer à votre égard.
La présente Convention est régie par les lois de la province d’Ontario, Canada. Chacune des parties à la Convention reconnaît irrévocablement la compétence des tribunaux de la province d’Ontario et consent à instituer tout litige qui pourrait découler de la Convention auprès des tribunaux situés dans le district judiciaire de York, province d’Ontario.
Au cas où vous auriez des questions concernant cette licence ou que vous désiriez vous mettre en rapport avec Microsoft pour quelque raison que ce soit, veuillez contacter la succursale Microsoft desservant votre pays, dont l’adresse est fournie dans ce produit, ou écrire à: Microsoft Research, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington98052-6399.