The aim of this project is to enable the collaboration between multiple users casting the same event from their mobile phones to provide a better collective viewing experience of the event to end viewers.
Mobile live video casting is a special form of video sharing that involves a person recording an event using his mobile phone and while the video is being recorded it gets streamed to a website where viewers can watch the live video stream. Recently, a number of service providers have started to provide mobile live video casting, and the usage of these services has been constantly on the rise since their introduction.
There is an opportunity to greatly enhance the viewing experience of the casted event by exploiting the ubiquity of video capture-capable mobile phones. Towards this end, this project aims at developing a system for mobile live video casting, named Mobicast, that enables the collaboration between multiple users casting the same event from their mobile phones to provide a better collective viewing experience of the event to end viewers. One example of such collaboration is in stitching together the incoming video streams to produce one wider output video.
- Motaz El-Saban, Mostafa Izz, Ayman Kaheel, and Mahmoud Refaat, Improved optimal seam selection blending for fast video stitching of videos captured from freely moving devices, in ICIP, IEEE, 2011
- Mahmoud Refaat, Motaz El-Saban, and Ayman Kaheel, Active Feedback for Enhancing the Construction of Panoramic Live Mobile Video Streams, in ICME, IEEE Internation Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME), 2011
- motazel, Mostafa Izz, and aymank, Fast stitching of videos captured from freely moving devices by exploiting temporal redundancy, in ICIP, IEEE, 2010
- A. Kaheel, M. El-Saban, M. Refaat, and M. Izz, Mobicast - A system for collaborative event casting using mobile phones, in ACM Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia - MUM '09, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., UK, November 2009
- M. El-Saban, A. Kaheel, and M. Refaat, Stitching videos streamed by mobile phones in real-time, in ACM Multimedia - MM '09, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., China, October 2009