Programming today involves editing code while also running it in our head. To augment this mental simulation, live programming promises for much more fluid feedback between the programmer and a program that is executing while it is being edited.
- Sean McDirmid and Jonathan Edwards, Programming with Managed Time, in SPLASH Onward!, ACM, October 2014
- Sean McDirmid, Usable Live Programming (web essay), no. MSR-TR-2013-130, November 2013
- Sean McDirmid, Glitch: A Live Programming Model, no. MSR-TR-2013-93, October 2013
- Sean McDirmid, Usable Live Programming, in SPLASH Onward!, ACM SIGPLAN, October 2013
- Sebastian Burckhardt, Manuel Fahndrich, Peli de Halleux, Jun Kato, Sean McDirmid, Michal Moskal, and Nikolai Tillmann, It's Alive! Continuous Feedback in UI Programming, in PLDI, ACM SIGPLAN, June 2013