Microsoft Research is looking for grandparents and grandchildren who regularly use Skype to help us understand how grandparents and grandchildren interact using video technology. If you have any questions regarding this study, please feel free to send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first 50 pair of participants who complete the study will receive $50 in Amazon Gift Cards ($25 for the grandparent and $25 for the grandchild's family). Participation will involve:
- a recorded Skype session between the grandparent and grandchild (it is fine if more than one person is involved in the session at either home). The session will be recorded by having a three-way call with one of our Skype study accounts.
- both the grandparent and the parent/guardian of the grandchild filling out a questionnaire
Note: unless explicit permission is given, the video recordings will only be used for research purposes.
- To participate in this study, the grandparents and grandchildren must regularly use Skype to talk to each other (at least once a month)
- The grandchild must be between the ages of 1 and 13.
- Both homes must use a PC or Mac version of Skype on a desktop or laptop computer (Skype on Phones, iPads, or Windows 8 will not work).
- Both the grandparent and parent/guardian of the grandchild must sign and return the Consent Form (click here for the form ). A photograph of the signed form must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Before your Skype call, make sure you first call one of the following Skype usernames (msr.connect.one, msr.connect.two, msr.connect.three, or msr.connect.four). Then you can add the other person to the call.
- After the task is completed, both the grandparent, and a parent/guardian of the child are required to complete the survey at: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1314637/SkypePlay
Click Here for directions.
- Once we have received the signed consent forms and the completed surveys, we will send both the grandparent and the grandchild’s family a $25 Amazon Gift Card to the email addresses provided on the surveys.
Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number may be collected if you choose to register to receive the Amazon gift cards. It will be used for fulfillment of the incentive. Your responses to this survey will not be linked to the contact information previously collected by Microsoft. Your answers will be reported in aggregate with those of other respondents. This survey does not use any cookies or other technologies to track your responses to the survey.
Please note that this privacy statement applies only to the MSR Intergenerational Study survey. It does not apply to other online or offline Microsoft sites, surveys, products or services.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning collection and use of your personal information.