Probabilistic inference made easy by a direct integration inside the tools where the data is found: spreadsheets and databases.
Inferno empowers non-experts with the ability to run powerful data analysis tools, using a simple one click experience:
- Predict the missing values in your data
- Use empty cells as an easy way to ask questions about the data ("How much will this user like this movie? What is a good sale price for this car?")
- Be more productive in your use of data by an interactive experience: the tool predicts what you want to do, and helps you get it done
The underlying technology is probabilistic programming. A key feature of this technology is that predictions are anchored in sound probabilistic reasoning, and always come with a confidence estimate.
- Sameer Singh and Thore Graepel, Automated Probabilistic Modelling for Relational Data, in Proceedings of the ACM of Information and Knowledge Management CIKM 2013, ACM, 2013
- Sameer Singh and Thore Graepel, Compiling Relational Database Schemata into Probabilistic Graphical Models, 5 December 2012