Jointly with the at Interactive Media Systems Group at TU Vienna/Austria we have developed several new (interactive) matting algorithms.
In order to make a principled step forward in this field we have established a web-based alpha matting competition. Please see project page: http://www.alphamatting.com/. On this page you will also find a collection of 27 ground truth, high-quality and high resolution images.
We hope that many vision researchers will participate!
- Christoph Rhemann, Carsten Rother, Jue Wang, Margrit Gelautz, Pushmeet Kohli, and Pamela Rott, A Perceptually Motivated Online Benchmark for Image Matting, in CVPR, 2009
- D. Singaraju, Carsten Rother, and Christoph Rhemann, New Appearance Models for Image Matting, in CVPR, 2009
- Michael Bleyer, Margrit Gelautz, Carsten Rother, and Christoph Rhemann, A Stereo Approach that Handles the Matting Problem via ImageWarping, in CVPR, 2009
- Christoph Rhemann, Carsten Rother, Alex Rav-Acha, and Toby Sharp, High Resolution Matting via Interactive Trimap Segmentation, in CVPR, June 2008
- Christoph Rhemann, Carsten Rother, and Margrit Gelautz, Improving Color Modeling for Alpha Matting, in BMVC, 2008
- Carsten Rother, Vladimir Kolmogorov, and Andrew Blake, GrabCut -Interactive Foreground Extraction using Iterated Graph Cuts, in ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH), August 2004