At Microsoft Research in Cambridge we are developing new machine vision algorithms for intelligent image and video editing and browsing. Our technology provides tools for: accurate interactive segmentation and matting, color correction, easy object removal and image restoration, and seamless object insertion.
(Interactive) Image Matting
Out of Bounds Photography
Automatic Photo Collage (AutoCollage)
Bayesian Color Constancy
Patchworks -- for object removal
Blender -- for object insertion
- D. Singaraju, Carsten Rother, and Christoph Rhemann, New Appearance Models for Image Matting, in CVPR, 2009.
- Amit Shesh, Antonio Criminisi, Carsten Rother, and Gavin Smyth, 3D-aware Image Editing for Out of Bounds Photography, in Graphics Interface, 2009.
- Christoph Rhemann, Carsten Rother, Jue Wang, Margrit Gelautz, Pushmeet Kohli, and Pamela Rott, A Perceptually Motivated Online Benchmark for Image Matting, in CVPR, 2009.
- Alex Rav-Acha, Pushmeet Kohli, Carsten Rother, and Andrew W. Fitzgibbon, Unwrap Mosaics: A new representation for video editing, in ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH 2008), vol. 27, no. 3, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., August 2008.
- Antonio Criminisi, Toby Sharp, and Andrew Blake, GeoS: Geodesic Image Segmentation, in Proc. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Springer, 2008.