Connected devices – sensors and actuators – have a growing impact on our society, environment and health. For example, there have been significant advances in gaining visibility into buildings' daily operations. The next step is to enable people to do more with the increasingly ubiquity of connected devices. To this end, Human-Building Analytics (HBA) data platform explores, for a wide spectrum of users, (1) more natural programmability for connected devices and (2) more personalized analytics.
- Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Jun Tang, Li Zhang, Sirajum Munir, John A. Stankovic, and Feng Zhao, On Human Behavioral Patterns in Elevator Usages, in BuildSys, ACM, November 2013
- Sirajum Munir, John A. Stankovic, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, and Shan Lin, Reducing Energy Waste for Computers by Human-in-the-Loop Control, in Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC), IEEE, September 2013
- Sirajum Munir, John A. Stankovic, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, and Shan Lin, New Cyber Physical System Challenges for Human-in-the-Loop Control, in Feedback Computing, USENIX, June 2013
- Yun Cheng, Kaifei Chen, Ben Zhang, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Xiaofan Jiang, and Feng Zhao, Accurate Real-Time Occupant Energy-Footprinting in Commercial Buildings, in BuildSys, ACM, November 2012
- Ben Zhang, Kaifei Chen, Yun Cheng, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Xiaofan Jiang, and Feng Zhao, Location-log: Bringing Online Shopping Benefits to the Physical World with Magnetic-based Proximity Detection, in 2nd International Workshop on Mobile Sensing (co-located with IPSN), ACM/IEEE, April 2012
- Xiaofan Jiang, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Kaifei Chen, Ben Zhang, Jeff Hsu, Jie Liu, Bin Cao, and Feng Zhao, Design and Evaluation of a Wireless Magnetic-based Proximity Detection Platform for Indoor Applications, in IPSN, ACM/IEEE, April 2012
- Xiaofan Jiang, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Feng Zhao, Kaifei Chen, Jeff Hsu, Ben Zhang, and Jie Liu, Demo: Creating Interactive Virtual Zones in Physical Space with Magnetic-Induction, in SenSys [Best Demo Award], ACM, 2 November 2011