Microsoft Azure for Research Award program
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning makes it easy to build, test, and deploy machine learning for your research. It is an open platform that allows you to use your own Python and R code—without being a machine learning expert. It also includes state-of-the-art algorithms from Microsoft that you can use out of the box. Once you have a trained model, you can immediately deploy this as a web API to use it from other applications.
To apply for the Azure Machine Learning award, please provide a simple proposal that states the intent of your project with an explanation of how that project will use Microsoft Azure resources.
Please note the following application requirements:
- Length: Your proposal should be no longer than three pages.
- Title: The first word in your proposal title must be “Machine Learning” to ensure that your proposal is considered for this award.
- Submission: Submit your proposal via the online application form.
- Deadline: Proposals can be submitted throughout the calendar year and are due on the 15th of even-numbered months. Proposals are then reviewed and award recipients are notified within four to eight weeks.
2016 Proposal Deadlines
Learning and teaching with Azure Machine Learning
Azure Machine Learning is also ideal for teaching principles and practice to students in all disciplines, from business to computer science and engineering. Our Azure for Education program provides students and faculty with generous access to Azure for use in the classroom and developing curricula.
- Azure for Education offers $100/student and $250/instructor for university courses. You can simply apply online.
- There is also a free tier, that includes up to 10 GB of storage. Try it for free.
We have put together some ideas on how Azure Machine Learning can help educators teach the foundations of Machine Learning at Azure Machine Learning for Teaching.
Azure Machine Learning is an open, collaborative platform that provides you with:
- The capability to visually compose machine learning experiments
- Access to proven algorithms from Microsoft Research, Bing, and Xbox
- First-class support for R and Python, enabling you to seamlessly bring in existing work; support for Jupyter/IPython notebooks
- Unmatched ease of collaboration; simply click share my workspace and share experiments with anyone, anywhere
- Tools to immediately deploy a predictive model as a machine-learning web service on the cloud
Submit your Machine Learning proposal
If you have questions about the award program or the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.