MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT AUTO TAG N’ SEARCH MY PHOTOS
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· Internet-based services, and
· support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
As described below, using some features also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain standard computer information for Internet-based services.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the perpetual rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Installation and Use. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your Windows devices.
2. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
a. Consent for Internet-Based or Wireless Services. The software may connect to Internet-based wireless services. Your use of the software operates as your consent to the transmission of standard device information (including but not limited to content, data and information used with the software (e.g. photos) technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals) for Internet-based or wireless services. If other terms are provided in connection with your use of the services, those terms also apply.
b. Misuse of Internet-based Services. You may not use any Internet-based service in any way that could harm it or impair anyone else’s use of it or the wireless network. You may not use the service to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
d. BY USING THESE FEATURES, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION.
i. Photos and Information. The following features use Internet protocols, which send to the appropriate systems, computer information, such as your Internet protocol address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the language code of the device where you installed the software. Microsoft uses this information to make the Internet-based services available to you.
· Photo Management. The software will share with Microsoft photos that you may use in the software in order to provide you with the functionality in the software.
ii. Use of Information. We may use the information and data received from you to improve our software and services. We may also share general usage information with others, such as hardware and software vendors. They may use the information to improve how their products run with Microsoft software.
3. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is license, not sold. Unless applicable law gives you more rights, Microsoft reserves all other rights not expressly granted under this agreement, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. You must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain way. You may not
· disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval;
· work around any technical limitations in the software;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software for others to copy;
· rent, lease or lend the software;
· transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
· use the software for commercial software hosting services.
4. THIRD PARTY NOTICES. The software includes third party code, that Microsoft, not the third party, licenses to you under the terms set forth in this agreement. The notices are set forth below.
5. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
6. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
7. SUPPORT SERVICES. Microsoft provides limited support services for properly licensed software as described at Microsoft Support.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
9. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
10. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights or statutory guarantees under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
FOR AUSTRALIA – You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms is intended to affect those rights.
12. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
· anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
· claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of these license terms are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, les termes de cette licence sont fournis ci- EXCLUSIONS DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel est concédé sous licence « en l’état ». Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation. Microsoft n’accorde aucune garantie ou condition expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits des consommateurs supplémentaires ou de garanties statutaires dans le cadre du droit local, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. Lorsque cela est autorisé par le droit local, Microsoft exclut les garanties implicites de qualité, d’adéquation à un usage particulier et d’absence de contrefaçon.
POUR L’AUSTRALIE – La loi australienne sur la consommation (Australian Consumer Law) vous accorde des garanties statutaires qu’aucun élément du présent accord ne peut affecter.
LIMITATION ET EXCLUSION DE RECOURS ET DE DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs limitée uniquement à hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne :
· toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers et
· les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également même si Microsoft connaissait l'éventualité d'un tel dommage. La limitation ou exclusion ci-dessus peut également ne pas vous être applicable, car votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.
Copyright (c) Microsoft. All Rights Reserved.
THIRD PARTY NOTICES
This file is based on or incorporates material from the projects listed below (collectively, “Third Party Code”). Microsoft is not the original author of the Third Party Code. The original copyright notice and the license under which Microsoft received such Third Party Code, are set forth below. Such licenses and notices are provided for informational purposes only. Microsoft licenses the Third Party Code to you under the terms set forth in the EULA for the Microsoft Product. Microsoft reserves all other rights not expressly granted under this agreement, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
SQLite Public Domain Dedication
All of the deliverable code in SQLite has been dedicated to the public domain by the authors. All code authors, and representatives of the companies they work for, have signed affidavits dedicating their contributions to the public domain and originals of those signed affidavits are stored in a firesafe at the main offices of Hwaci. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute the original SQLite code, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
The previous paragraph applies to the deliverable code in SQLite - those parts of the SQLite library that you actually bundle and ship with a larger application. Portions of the documentation and some code used as part of the build process might fall under other licenses. The details here are unclear. We do not worry about the licensing of the documentation and build code so much because none of these things are part of the core deliverable SQLite library.
All of the deliverable code in SQLite has been written from scratch. No code has been taken from other projects or from the open internet. Every line of code can be traced back to its original author, and all of those authors have public domain dedications on file. So the SQLite code base is clean and is uncontaminated with licensed code from other projects.
Copyright (c) 2011, The Outercurve Foundation.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
THIS CODE IS PROVIDED *AS IS* BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABLITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
See the Apache 2 License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This software includes or is derivative of works distributed under the licenses listed below. The full text for most of the licenses listed below can be found in the LICENSE.txt file accompanying each work. The original copyright notices have been preserved within the respective files and or packages. Please refer to the specific files and/or packages for more detailed information about the authors, copyright notices, and licenses.
License: Apache 2.0 License (see notice above)
License: Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL)
Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL)
This license governs use of the accompanying software. If you use the software, you
accept this license. If you do not accept the license, do not use the software.
The terms "reproduce," "reproduction," "derivative works," and "distribution" have the
same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
A "contribution" is the original software, or any additions or changes to the software.
A "contributor" is any person that distributes its contribution under this license.
"Licensed patents" are a contributor's patent claims that read directly on its contribution.
2. Grant of Rights
(A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.
(B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license under its licensed patents to make, have made, use, sell, offer for sale, import, and/or otherwise dispose of its contribution in the software or derivative works of the contribution in the software.
3. Conditions and Limitations
(A) No Trademark License- This license does not grant you rights to use any contributors' name, logo, or trademarks.
(B) If you bring a patent claim against any contributor over patents that you claim are infringed by the software, your patent license from such contributor to the software ends automatically.
(C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software.
(D) If you distribute any portion of the software in source code form, you may do so only under this license by including a complete copy of this license with your distribution. If you distribute any portion of the software in compiled or object code form, you may only do so under a license that complies with this license.
(E) The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. The contributors give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this license cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the contributors exclude the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
License: Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL) (see license text above)
License: MIT License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
The software was originally conceived and created by Nathan Totten, Prabir Shersha, and Jim Zimmerman.
Other contributors to the project include: N/A
** END THIRD PARTY NOTICES **