Where there is a will, there is a way (有志者事竟成)
Building 2, No. 5 Danling Street,
Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China 100080
I am now a researcher in Web Search and Data Mining Group, Microsoft Research Asia. I joined Microsoft in July 2008. Before that, I had worked at MSRA as an intern since September 2005. I received my Ph.D. and B.S. degrees in computer science and technology from the Nankai University of China in 2008 and 2003, respectively. My research interests include several topics in Web Search and Data Mining fileds, including personalized web search, anchor text and click-through data mining, query understanding, and search result diversification.
Besides above research work, I also work on several innovation project:
I am recently interested in the temporal Web, and is now working on extraction and management of the time-series data from the Web.
- InformationSensorMake sense of *BIG* Web data is facing 4Vs problems: big Volume, high Velocity, high Variety, and unknown Veracity. We propose to build a virtual layer of Information Sensor on the Web. An Informaton Sensor is a programmable “focused crawler” that continuously discover, extract and aggregate structured information around a topic.
- Project QSearch has a long document-centric tradition, where “searching information” is equivalent to “searching document”. Project Q is our recent effort to explore a new query-centric search paradigm, which treats query as object and shifts search from “searching document” to “searching query”. We have developed several effective query mining technologies and proved that, when deeply mining queries “without” time constraint, we can greatly improve search relevance and user experiences.
- WebStudioWebStudio is an end-to-end experimental search system for facilitating search experiments on specific web data collections. In WebStudio, some default components are implemented. Users can customize major operations (including document parsing, page classification, index building, index serving, and front-end processing) in the E2E search engine, by adding their own experimental logic for testing ideas.
- Tetsuya Sakai, Zhicheng Dou, and Carles Clarke, The Impact of Intent Selection on Diversified Search Evaluation, in Proceedings of SIGIR 2013, ACM, 2013
- Tetsuya Sakai, Zhicheng Dou, Takehiro Yamamoto, Yiqun Liu, Min Zhang, Makoto Kato, Ruihua Song, and Mayu Iwata, Summary of the NTCIR-10 INTENT-2 Task: Subtopic Mining and Search Result Diversification, in Proceedings of SIGIR 2013, ACM, 2013
- Tetsuya Sakai and Zhicheng Dou, Summaries, Ranked Retrieval and Sessions: A Unified Framework for Information Access Evaluation, in Proceedings of SIGIR 2013, ACM, 2013
- Tetsuya Sakai, Zhicheng Dou, Ruihua song, and Noriko Kando, The Reusability of a Diversified Search Test Collection, in Asia Information Retrieval Societies (AIRS 2012), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 20 December 2012
- Zhicheng Dou, Sha Hu, Kun Chen, Ruihua Song, and Ji-Rong Wen, Multi-dimensional Search Result Diversification, in Proceedings of WSDM'11, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., February 2011
- Zhicheng Dou, Finding Dimensions for Queries, in Proceedings of CIKM2011, ACM, 2011
- Jialong Han, Qinglei Wang, Naoki Orii, Zhicheng Dou, Tetsuya Sakai, and Ruihua Song, Microsoft Research Asia at the NTCIR-9 Intent Task, in NTCIR-9, National Institute of Informatics, 2011
- Tetsuya Sakai, Nick Craswell, Ruihua Song, Stephen Robertson, Zhicheng Dou, and Chin-Yew Lin, Simple Evaluation Metrics for Diversified Search Results, in The Third International Workshop on Evaluating Information Access (EVIA), National Institute of Informatics, June 2010
- Zhicheng Dou, Microsoft Research Asia at theWeb Track of TREC 2009, in Proceeding of TREC 2009, November 2009
- Ji-Rong Wen, Zhicheng Dou, and Ruihua Song, Personalized Web Search, in Encyclopedia of Database Systems, Springer-Verlag, New York, USA, September 2009
- PC, SDM 2013
- Organizer, NTCIR10 Intent2 task
- PC, KDD 2012
- PC, WIDM 2009
- Reviewer, TKDE
- Reviewer, KAIS
- Reviewer, KDD'08
- Reviewer, WWW'07
- Reviewer, KDD'07
- Reviewer, APWeb'07
- Reviewer, ICDM'06
- Nothing to update