I received my Ph.D. in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2011 (through the SJTU-MSRA joint PhD program), M.S. degree in computer science from Tsinghua University in 2001, and B.S. degrees in mechanical engineering and computer science from University of Science and Technology of China in 1998.
I joined Wireless and Networking Group, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), in July 2001. I moved to System Research Group, MSRA, in September 2015. My research interests are mobile systems and networking, with recent focus on power management, security and privacy, and human sensing. I am a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
Addr: Building 2, No. 5 Dan Ling Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, P. R. China.
Tel: +86(10)5917-3230 Fax: +86(10)8286-8531
Email: yunliu AT microsoft DOT com
- 2016-02, I was invited to serve on INFOCOM 2017 TPC (Advisory), please consider to submit there.
- 2016-02, I was invited to serve on VLCS 2016 TPC, please consider to submit there.
- 2015-11, I was invited to serve on APSys 2016 TPC, please consider to submit there.
- [MobiCom-2015] Duc Hoang Bui, Yunxin Liu, Hyosu Kim, Insik Shin, Feng Zhao, "Rethinking Energy-Performance Trade-Off in Mobile Web Page Loading", in MobiCom 2015. (Featured by MSRC Blog, Phys.org, and WinBeta)
- [MobiCom-2015] Songtao He, Yunxin Liu, and Hucheng Zhou, "Optimizing Smartphone Power Consumption through Dynamic Resolution Scaling", in MobiCom 2015. (Best Demo Award)
- [MobiSys-2013] Fengyuan Xu, Yunxin Liu, Thomas Moscibroda, Ranveer Chandra, Long Jin, Yongguang Zhang, and Qun Li, “Optimizing Background Email Sync on Smartphones”, in MobiSys 2013.
- [MobiSys-2013] Robert LiKamWa, Yunxin Liu, Nicholas D. Lane, and Lin Zhong, “Building a Mood Sensor from Smartphone Usage Patterns”, in MobiSys 2013. (Featured by ABC News, CACM, The Register, NetworkWorld, PCWorld, ComputerWorld, Mashable, Slashdot, Sina and many others, and was on Jimmy Kimmel’s talk show Youtube, Tudou.)
- [NSDI-2013] Fengyuan Xu, Yunxin Liu, Qun Li, and Yongguang Zhang, "V-edge: Fast Self-constructive Power Modeling of Smartphones Based on Battery Voltage Dynamics", in NSDI, 2013.
- [CCS-2013] Alexander Moshchuk, Helen J. Wang, and Yunxin Liu, "Content-Based Isolation: Rethinking Isolation Policy Design on Client Systems", in ACM CCS 2013.
- [MobiSys-2012] Hao Han, Yunxin Liu, Guobin Shen, Yongguang Zhang, and Qun Li, "DozyAP: Power-Efficient Wi-Fi Tethering", in MobiSys 2012.
- [MobiSys-2009] Yunxin Liu, Ahmad Rahmati, Yuanhe Huang, Hyukjae Jang, Lin Zhong, Yongguang Zhang, and Shensheng Zhang, "xShare: Supporting Impromptu Sharing of Mobile Phones," in MobiSys, 2009.
- TPC of INFOCOM 2017 (Advisory)
- TPC of INFOCOM 2016 (Advisory), APSys 2016, and VLCS 2016
- Workshop co-chair of MobiSys 2016
- TPC of MobiSys 2015, HotPower 2015, IEEE MS 2015 (MS-EMCC special track co-chair), Mobidata 2015
- TPC of WCSP 2014
- TPC of HotPower 2013 and IEEE MASS 2013
- TPC of CCNC 2011
- TPC of IWCMC 2010
- TPC of APCC 2009 NCS and SN 2009 (at ICCCN 2009)
- TPC of SN 2008 (at ICCCN 2008) and IWCMC 2008
- TPC of IWCMC 2007
13 US patents granted: 9247495, 9069766, 8386614, 8364816, 8261361, 8180887, 7792924, 7783702, 7630997, 7626931, 7339899, 7411908, 7433814.
- Best Demo Award, MobiCom 2015.
- Best Paper Award, PhoneSense Workshop, 2011
- Tech Transfer Award (to Visual Studio 2010), 2010
- MSRA "Tech Transfer of Year" Award, 2008
- Ship-It Award for "Games for Windows LiVE", 2008
- Ship-It Award for "XNA - DirectX SDK and Xbox XDK", 2008
- MSRA "Demo of Year" Award, 2006