I received my Ph.D. in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2011 (through the SJTU-MSRA joint PhD program), M.S. degree in computer science from Tsinghua University in 2001, and B.S. degrees in mechanical engineering and computer science from University of Science and Technology of China in 1998.
Addr: Building 2, No. 5 Dan Ling Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, P. R. China.
Tel: +86(10)5917-3230 Fax: +86(10)8286-8531
Email: yunliu AT microsoft DOT com
- 2014-10, I was invited to serve on MobiSys 2015 TPC; please consider submitting there.
- 2013-08, Lin Zhong was interviewed by ABC News on our mood sensing work.
- 2013-07, Mood sensing work is on Jimmy Kimmel’s talk show! Youtube, Tudou (with Chinese subtitles).
- 2013-06, Mood sensing work has been featured by news medias including The Register, NetworkWorld, PCWorld, ComputerWorld, Mashable, Slashdot, Sina (in Chinese) and many others.
- [MobiHoc-2015] Yichuan Wang, Xin Liu, David Chu, and Yunxin Liu, "EarlyBird: Mobile Prefetching of Social Network Feeds via Content Preference Mining and Usage Pattern Analysis", accepted to appear in MobiHoc 2015.
- [WWW-2015] Yun Ma, Shuhui Zhang, Xuanzhe Liu, Yunxin Liu, and Tao Xie, "Measurement and Analysis of Mobile Web Cache Performance", accepted to appear in WWW 2015.
- [INFOCOM-2014] Tuo Yu, Zilong Zhou, Da Zhang, Xinbing Wang, Yunxin Liu, and Songwu Lu, "INDAPSON: an Incentive Data Plan Sharing System Based on Self-organizing Network", in INFOCOM 2014.
- [CCS-2013] Alexander Moshchuk, Helen J. Wang, and Yunxin Liu, "Content-Based Isolation: Rethinking Isolation Policy Design on Client Systems", in ACM CCS 2013.
- [MobiSys-2013] Fengyuan Xu, Yunxin Liu, Thomas Moscibroda, Ranveer Chandra, Long Jin, Yongguang Zhang, and Qun Li, “Optimizing Background Email Sync on Smartphones”, in MobiSys 2013.
- [MobiSys-2013] Robert LiKamWa, Yunxin Liu, Nicholas D. Lane, and Lin Zhong, “Building a Mood Sensor from Smartphone Usage Patterns”, in MobiSys 2013.
- [NSDI-2013] Fengyuan Xu, Yunxin Liu, Qun Li, and Yongguang Zhang, "V-edge: Fast Self-constructive Power Modeling of Smartphones Based on Battery Voltage Dynamics", in NSDI, 2013.
- [MobiSys-2012] Hao Han, Yunxin Liu, Guobin Shen, Yongguang Zhang, and Qun Li, "DozyAP: Power-Efficient Wi-Fi Tethering", in MobiSys 2012.
- [MobiSys-2009] Yunxin Liu, Ahmad Rahmati, Yuanhe Huang, Hyukjae Jang, Lin Zhong, Yongguang Zhang, and Shensheng Zhang, "xShare: Supporting Impromptu Sharing of Mobile Phones," in MobiSys, 2009.
- [INFOCOM-2009] Chuanxiong Guo, Yunxin Liu, Wenchao Shen, Helen J. Wang, Qing Yu, and Yongguang Zhang, "Mining the Web and the Internet for Accurate IP Address Geolocations", in INFOCOM mini conference, 2009.
- TPC member of MobiSys 2015
- TPC member of WCSP 2014
- TPC member of HotPower 2013 (co-located with SOSP 2013), IEEE MASS 2013
- TPC member of CCNC 2011
- TPC member of IWCMC 2010
- TPC member of APCC 2009 NCS, SN 2009 (at ICCCN 2009)
- TPC member of SN 2008 (at ICCCN 2008), IWCMC 2008
- TPC member of IWCMC 2007
US patents granted: 8386614, 8364816, 8261361, 8180887, 7792924, 7783702, 7630997, 7626931, 7339899, 7411908, 7433814
- Best Paper Award, PhoneSense Workshop, 2011
- Tech Transfer Award (to Visual Studio 2010), 2010
- MSRA "Tech Transfer of Year" Award, 2008
- Ship-It Award for "Games for Windows LiVE", 2008
- Ship-It Award for "XNA - DirectX SDK and Xbox XDK", 2008
- MSRA "Demo of Year" Award, 2006
I have had the pleasure of working with the following execllent interns:
- Fengyuan Xu, The College of William and Mary, 2012.
- Hao Han, The College of William and Mary, 2011-2012.
- Robert Likamwa, Rice University, 2011.
- Wentao Shang, Tsinghua University, 2011.
- Hyukjae Jang, KAIST, 2008-2009.
- Yuanhe Huang, Tsinghua University, 2008-2009.
- Wenchao Shen, Tsinghua University, 2008.
- Chen Chen, Fudan University, 2007.
- Seehwan Yoo, Korea University, 2007.
- Zhe Yu, Tsinghua University, 2006.
- Pengzhi Xu, Tsinghua University, 2005.
- Yang Yang, Beihang University, 2005.
- Donglin Xia, Tsinghua University, 2003.