|Wireless and Networking Group, Microsoft Research Asia|
|4/F, Sigma Center, No. 49, Zhichun Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080, China|
Dr. Xiong is now with Wireless and Networking Group at Microsoft Research Asia as a researcher. Dr. Xiong received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D degrees from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 1996, 1998 and 2001, respectively, all in computer science. His research interests include peer-to-peer networking, routing protocols for both MANETs and overlay networks, and network security. He has published over 30 papers, and served as TPC member or reviewers for the international key conferences and leading journals in the areas of wireless and networking. Dr. Xiong is member of IEEE.
Dr. Xiong has been working on the routing protocols for a while, originally he worked on Internet routing protocols, after that, he turned to mobile ad hoc networks and peer-to-peer networks, which are both similarly end system based networks. He is now focusing on peer-to-peer streaming systems, especially on the architecture design, optimal scheduling problem, overlay construction to improve resilience and performance, diagnosis, as well as its security problem such as handing the DoS attacks to p2p streaming systems. He is also interested in building wireless networking systems, doing measurement and security related research.
Recent Publications (full paper list)
- Yifeng He, Guobin SHEN, Yongqiang Xiong, et al, "Probabilistic Prefetching Scheme for P2P VoD Applications with Frequent Seeks", accepted by IEEE Transaction on Multimedia, 2008.
- Meng ZHANG, Yongqiang XIONG, et al. " Optimizing the Throughput of Data-Driven Peer-to-Peer Streaming". accepted by IEEE Transaction on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2008
- F. Wang, J.Liu, Y. Xiong,"Stable Peers: Existence, Importance, and Application in Peer-to-Peer Live Video Streaming", INFOCOM 2008
- Yifeng He, Guobin SHEN, Yongqiang Xiong, et al, "Probabilistic Prefetching Scheme for P2P VoD Applications with Frequent Seeks", IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (IEEE ISCAS 2008).
- Yang CHEN, Yongqiang XIONG, et al. Pharos: A Decentralized and Hierarchical Network Coordinate System for Internet Distance Pediction. GLOBECOM'07), Washington, D.C., USA, Nov. 2007
- Meng ZHANG, Chunxiao CHEN, Yongqiang XIONG, et al . " Optimizing the Throughput of Data-Driven based Streaming in Heterogeneous Overlay Network". In the Proceedings of ACM Multimedia Modeling 2007 (ACM MMM'07), Vol. 4351
- G. Shen, Y. Wang, Y. Xiong , B. Zhao, Z. Zhang, "HPTP: Relieving the Tension between ISPs and P2P", IPTPS 2007 ( pdf)
- F. Wang, Y. Xiong, J.Liu, "mTreebone: A Hybrid Tree/Mesh Overlay for Application-Layer Live Video Multicast", ICDCS 2007, (pdf)
- S. Yin, Y. Xiong, Q. Zhang, and X. Lin, "Traffic-aware Routing for Real Time Communications in Wireless Multi-hop Networks", to appear in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing (WCMC) - Special Issue on MAC for ad hoc Wireless Networks, John Wiley & Sons, 2006 (pdf)
- Q. Wu, Y. Xiong, Q. Zhang, Z. Guo, X. Xia, and Z. Li, "Joint Routing and Topology Formation in Multi-hop UWB Networks", IEEE JSAC special issue on Ultra Wideband Wireless Communications, 2006 (pdf)
- W. Wang, Y. Xiong, and Q. Zhang, "Ripple-Stream: Safeguarding P2P Streaming Against DoS Attacks", IEEE ICME 2006 (pdf)
- Peer-to-Peer Overlay Optimization
This project aims to improve the performance of peer-to-peer based content delivery, especially for p2p streaming and video on demand (VoD). It leverages several mechanisms, namely cache aware overlay construction (HPTP) to improve the throughput and response time, practical network coordinates sytem (whereis) to make the overlay more locality friendly, and COO for cross overlay optimization. The PIs for this projects are Guobin(Jacky) Shen and Yongqiang Xiong. ¡¡
- TPC Members IEEE ICME 2006, ChinaCOM 2006, ENGI 2006, WMSN 2006, QShine 2005, ICME 2005, ICCCAS 2005, WirelessCom 2005
- Reviewer for conferences including sigcomm, InfoCOM, ICC, Globecom, ICNP, QShine,
- Reviewer for transaction/journals including ToMC, CSVT, ToM
Last update @ 2008-09-11, 10:24