Microsoft Research Asia, No. 5 Danling Street, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China 100080.
I joined Microsoft Research Asia in 2013. I had more than 2 years working experiences in Microsoft STC Tiger team focusing on improving the efficiency and capacity of IndexServe. Before joining Microsoft, I worked in SAP Research Center for one and half year as a Researcher. I got my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Fudan University.
My research interests include query scheduling and optimization, streaming algorithm.
- Ying Yan, Jiaxing Zhang, Bojun Huang, Xuzhan Sun, Jiaqi Mu, Zheng Zhang, and Thomas Moscibroda, Distributed Outlier Detection using Compressive Sensing, in SIGMOD 2015 (To Appear), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, March 2015.
- Ying Yan, Liang Jeff Chen, and Zheng Zhang, Error-bounded Sampling for Analytics on Big Sparse Data, VLDB – Very Large Data Bases, July 2014.
- Jiaxing Zhang, Ying Yan, Liang Jeff Chen, Minjie Wang, Thomas Moscibroda, and zheng zhang, Impression Store: Compressive Sensing-based Storage for Big Data Analytics, in HotCloud 2014, USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, June 2014.
- Ying Yan, Jin Zhang, and Ming-Chien Shan, Scheduling for fast response multi-pattern matching over streaming events, in ICDE, 2010.
- Wen-Syan Li, Jianfeng Yan, Ying Yan, and Jin Zhang, Xbase: cloud-enabled information appliance for healthcare, in EDBT, 2010.
- Irina Botan, Younggoo Cho, Roozbeh Derakhshan, Nihal Dindar, Ankush Gupta, Laura M. Haas, Kihong Kim, Chulwon Lee, Girish Mundada, Ming-Chien Shan, Nesime Tatbul, Ying Yan, Beomjin Yun, and Jin Zhang, A demonstration of the MaxStream federated stream processing system, in ICDE, 2010.
- Ying Yan and Wen-Syan Li, Correlation aware synchronization for near real time decision support systems, in EDBT, 2010.
- Ying Yan, Wen-Syan Li, and Jian Xu, Information Value-Driven Near Real-Time Decision Support Systems, in ICDCS, 2009.
- Ying Yan, Chen Wang, Aoying Zhou, Weining Qian, Li Ma, and Yue Pan, Efficient Indices Using Graph Partitioning in RDF Triple Stores, in ICDE, 2009.
- Ying Yan, Chen Wang, Aoying Zhou, Weining Qian, Li Ma, and Yue Pan, Efficiently querying rdf data in triple stores, in WWW, 2008.
- Aoying Zhou, Ying Yan, Xueqing Gong, Jianlong Chang, and Dai Dai, SMART: A System for Online Monitoring Large Volumes of Network Traffic, in ICDE, 2008.
- Ying Yan, Beng Chin Ooi, and Aoying Zhou, Continuous Content-Based Copy Detection over Streaming Videos, in ICDE, 2008.
- Christian Böhm, Beng Chin Ooi, Claudia Plant, and Ying Yan, Efficiently Processing Continuous k-NN Queries on Data Streams, in ICDE, 2007.
- Aoying Zhou, Feng Cao, Ying Yan, Chaofeng Sha, and Xiaofeng He, Distributed Data Stream Clustering: A Fast EM-based Approach, in ICDE, 2007.
- Yongluan Zhou, Ying Yan, Feng Yu, and Aoying Zhou, PMJoin: Optimizing Distributed Multi-way Stream Joins by Stream Partitioning, in DASFAA, 2006.