HI, Now I work in Cosmos Scope team building a distributed machine learning library on cosmos since 2012. Before this, I worked in Microsoft Research Asia machine learning group as a Researcher since 2005. My research interests include large scale machine learning and information retrieval. I enjoy using large-scale ML to solve industrial challenges, mostly in Web search and online advertising. I finished my PhD in HKUST with a thesis on click model to understand user behavior in Bing using ML. Prior to joining Microsoft, I worked in IBM research lab for about one year.
- Weizhu Chen, Zhenghao Wang, Jingren Zhou. Large-scale L-BFGS using MapReduce. NIPS-2014
- Weizhu Chen, Dong Wang, Yuchen Zhang, Zheng Chen, Adish Singla, Qiang Yang, Understanding Click Noise: A Noise-aware Click Model for Web Search, to appear in WSDM 2012
- Danqi Chen, Weizhu Chen, Zheng Chen, Haixun Wang, Qiang Yang, Beyond Ten Blue Links: Enabling User Click Modeling in Federated Web Search, to appear in WSDM 2012
- Si Shen, Botao Hu, Weizhu Chen, Qiang Yang, Personalized Click Model through Collaborative Filtering, to appear in WSDM 2012
- Botao Hu, Nathan Liu, Weizhu Chen. Winner of Relevance Prediction Challenge 2012 (organized by WSDM 12 and Yandax). A report is shared in here.
- Danqi Chen, Weizhu Chen, Qiang Yang, Characterizing Inverse Time Dependency in Multi-class Learning, to appear in ICDM2011
- Yuchen Zhang, Weizhu Chen, Dong Wang, Qiang Yang, User-click Modeling for Understanding and Predicting Search-behavior, KDD 2011
- Weizhu Chen, Zhanglong Ji, Si Shen, Qiang Yang, A Whole Page Click Model to Better Interpret Search Engine Click Data, AAAI 2011
- Botao Hu, Yuchen Zhang, Weizhu Chen, Gang Wang and Qiang Yang, Characterize Search Intent Diversity into Click Models, in WWW 2011
- Dakan Wang, Gang Wang, Xiaofeng Ke, Weizhu Chen: Action Prediction and Identification From Mining Temporal User Behaviors. To appear in WSDM 2011.
- Yuchen Zhang, Dong Wang, Gang Wang, Weizhu Chen, Zhihua Zhang, Botao Hu, Li Zhang: Learning Click Models via Probit Bayesian Inference. CIKM 2010.
- Dong Wang, Weizhu Chen, Gang Wang, Yuchen Zhang, Botao Hu, Explore click models for search ranking, In Proceeding of ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, CIKM 2010.
- Zeyuan Allen Zhu, Weizhu Chen, Tom Minka, Chenguang Zhu, and Zheng Chen, A Novel Click Model and Its Applications to Online Advertising, in Proceedings of the Third ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM 2010), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 5 February 2010
- Feimin Zhong, Dong Wang, Gang Wang, Weizhu Chen, Yuchen Zhang, Zheng Chen, and Haixun Wang, Incorporating Post-Click Behaviors into a Click Model, in SIGIR, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2010
- Zeyuan Allen Zhu, Weizhu Chen, Chenguang Zhu, Gang Wang, and Zheng Chen, P-packSVM: Parallel Primal grAdient desCent Kernel SVM, in ICDM2009, IEEE Computer Society, 2009
- Zeyuan Allen Zhu, Weizhu Chen, Gang Wang, Chenguang Zhu, and Zheng Chen, To Divide and Conquer Search Ranking by Learning Query Difficulty, in ACM CIKM2009, 2009
- Chenguang Zhu, Weizhu Chen, Zeyuan Allen Zhu, Gang Wang, Dong Wang, and Zheng Chen, A General Magnitude-Preserving Boosting Algorithm for Search Ranking, in ACM CIKM2009, 2009
- Zeyuan Allen Zhu, Weizhu Chen, Chenguang Zhu, Gang Wang, Haixun Wang, and Zheng Chen, Inverse Time Dependency in Convex Regularized Learning, in ICDM2009, 2009. Best student runner up paper
- Full List
- PC Member of:
- KDD2014, WSDM-2013, KDD-2013, WWW-2013, SIGIR-2013, KDD 2012 KDD 2011, KDD 2010 SDM 2010, SDM 2011, CIKM2011, ...
- Reviewer of: TKDE, TIST,TWeb, ...
I have been fortunate to work closely with many talent interns. Most of them were undergraduate students in China. They worked with me very closely and then went to universities for their PhD. The list for recent 2 years includes:
2011: Danqi Chen (Stanford), Yitao Gao (Facebook), Botao Hu (Stanford), Yuchen Zhang (UC Berkeley), Dong Wang(UCLA), Si Shen (HKUST)
2010: Zeyuan Allen Zhu (MIT), Chenguang Zhu (Stanford), , Zhanglong Ji (UCSD), Qifeng Chen (Stanford), Dakan Wang (Stanford)
PhD Thesis: An Associative Characterization of Click Models in Web Search Link