Talks and Tutorials
Tutorial and Guest Lectures
- Guest lecture at Peking University: Information diffusion in social networks. Nov. 18, 2015. Also given at Tsinghua University.
- Guest lecture at Tsinghua University: Online learning. June 9, 2015.
- KDD 2012 Tutorial: Infomation and influence spread in social networks, with Carlos Castillo and Laks V. S. Lakshamanan. Beijing, China, Aug. 12, 2012.
Research Keynotes and Talks
- Keynote speech at IJCAI'15 Social Influence Analysis Workshop: Computational Social Influence. Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 27, 2015.
- WWW'2015 talk: A game theoretic model for the formation of navigable small-world networks. Florence, Italy, May 21, 2015.
- Talk at CS Department, University of British Columbia: Combinatorial learning for combinatorial optimization --- A trilogy. Vancouver, Canada, March 27, 2015.
- NIPS'2014 Full Oral Presentation: Combinatorial pure exploration in multi-armed bandits. Montreal, Canada, Dec. 10, 2014.
- Invited talk at the Institute of Mathematics and System Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences: Influence maximization: The new frontier --- non-submodular optimizations. Beijing, China, Sept. 15, 2014.
- Keynote speech at the 10th Chinese National Mathematical Programming Conference: Influence diffusion modeling and optimizations in social networks. Luoyang, China, May 11, 2014.
- ACM EC'2013 talk: Sybil-proof mechanisms in query incentive networks. Atlanta, U.S.A., June 20, 2013.
- ICML'2013 talk (revised): Combinatorial multi-armed bandit: General framework, results, and applications. Philadelphia, U.S.A., June 18, 2013.
- Chinese National Computer Conference (CNCC) 2012 invited talk: Influence diffusion dynamics and influence maximization in complex social networks. Dalian, China, Oct. 18, 2012.
- Talk at EconCS Group of Harvard University.: Influence diffusion dynamics and influence maximization in complex social networks. Cambridge, MA. U.S.A, Oct. 18, 2011.
- CASIN 2011 talk: Influence maximization when negative opinions may emerge and propagate. Beijing, China, July 20, 2011.
- ICDM 2010 talk: Scalable influence maximization in social networks under the linear threshold model. Sydney, Australia, Dec. 15, 2010.
- KDD 2010 talk: Scalable influence maximization for prevalent viral marketing in large-scale social networks. Washington D.C, U.S.A., July 27, 2010.