George Varghese obtained his Ph.D in 1992 from MIT. He worked from 1993-1999 at Washington University, and from 1999 to 2012 at UCSD, both as professor of computer science. He won the ONR Young Investigator Award in 1996, and was elected to be a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) in 2002. His book "Network Algorithmics" was published in December 2004 by Morgan-Kaufman. In May 2004, he co-founded NetSift Inc. which was acquired by Cisco Systems in 2005. He joined Microsoft Research in 2012. He was the 2014 winner of the IEEE Koji Kobayashi Computers and Communications Award for his work in “algorithmics and its applications to high-speed packet networks”.
This web page is still being updated. A more updated source of recent work is my UCSD page at http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~varghese/
- Nuno Lopes, Nikolaj Bjorner, Patrice Godefroid, Karthick Jayaraman, and George Varghese, DNA Pairing: Using Differential Network Analysis to find Reachability Bugs, no. MSR-TR-2014-58, 30 April 2014
- Ranjita Bhagwan, Rahul Kumar, Ramachandran Ramjee, George Varghese, Surjyakanta Mohapatra, Hemanth Manoharan, and Piyush Shah, Adtributor: Revenue Debugging in Advertising Systems, in Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implemenentation (NSDI), USENIX, April 2014
- Christos Kozanitis, Vineet Bafna, Ravi Pandya, and George Varghese, Interactive Genomics: Rapidly Querying Genomes in the Cloud, no. MSR-TR-2013-116, November 2013
- Nuno Lopes, Nikolaj Bjorner, Patrice Godefroid, and George Varghese, Network Verification in the Light of Program Verification, 30 September 2013
- Radhika Niranjan Mysore, Ratul Mahajan, Amin Vahdat, and George Varghese, Gestalt: Unifying fault localization for networked systems, no. MSR-TR-2013-65, 1 July 2013
- Anshul Rai, Ramachandran Ramjee, Ashok Anand, Venkat Padmanabhan, and George Varghese, MiG: Efficient Migration of Desktop VMs using Semantic Compression, in USENIX Annual Technical Conference, , June 2013