- "CPU Sharing Techniques for Performance Isolation in Multitenant Relational Database-as-a-Service," presented at VLDB 2014, Hangzhou, China.
- "SQLVM: Performance Isolation in Multi-Tenant Relational Database-as-a-Service," invited talk presented at East China Normal University, Shanghai, China.
"Rethinking Eventual Consistency: Can we do better?" Keynote address at the 19th International Conference on Management of Data (COMAD 2013).
"Scalable and Elastic Transactional Data Stores for Cloud Computing Platforms," 2013 Jim Gray Doctoral Dissertation Award talk presented at ACM SIGMOD/PODS 2013, New York, NY, USA.
"Rethinking Eventual Consistency," Tutorial presented at ACM SIGMOD/PODS 2013, New York, NY, USA.
"Data Serving Systems in Cloud Computing Platforms," VLDB Summer School 2013, Shanghai, China.
- "Scalable, Consistent, and Elastic Database Systems for Cloud Platforms", presented at various industry research labs. A recording of the talk presented at Microsoft Research, Redmond can be found here.
- "Albatross: Lightweight Elasticity in Shared Storage Databases for the Cloud using Live Data Migration", presented at VLDB 2011, Seattle, WA, USA.
- "Zephyr: Live Migration in Shared Nothing Databases for Elastic Cloud Platforms", presented at SIGMOD 2011, Athens, Greece.
- "Big Data and Cloud Computing: Current State and Future Opportunities"[Part1][Part2], Tutorial presented at EDBT 2011, Uppsala, Sweden.
- "Big Data and Cloud Computing: New Wine or just New Bottles?"[Part1][Part2], Tutorial presented at VLDB 2010, Singapore
- "Ricardo: Integrating R and Hadoop", presented at SIGMOD 2010, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- "G-Store: A Scalable Data Store for Transactional Multi key Access in the Cloud", presented at SoCC 2010, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- "Anonymizing Weighted Social Network Graphs", presented at ICDE 2010, Long Beach, CA
- "Thread Cooperation in Multicore Architectures for Frequency Counting Over Multiple Data Streams", presented at VLDB 2009, Lyon, France.
- "Out-of-Order Processing: A New Architecture for High-Performance Stream Systems", presented at CS 595D, Winter 2009 at UCSB.