I am Assistant Managing Director of Microsoft Research India.
My research interests are in Programming Languages and Tools. Most of my work is about designing, building and analyzing computer systems in a principled manner. Over the years I have worked on various topics including Hardware and Software Verification, Type Systems, Language Design, Distributed Systems, Security and Privacy and Probabilistic Programming.
- Together with colleagues at MSR India, I am working on a blended learning model (combining online learning with in-classroom pedagogy) for education in India. For more detais see: Massively Empowered Classrooms.
- I am very interested in CS research community activities in India. See Mysore-Park workshop series.
- SAS 2011, APLAS 2011, FM 2009, ICTAC 2009, TAP 2009, RV 2009, VSTTE 2008, ATVA 2008, APLAS 2007, ASE 2006 , SEFM 2006, APSEC 2006, Soft MC 2005, CONCUR 2004, APPSEM 2004, Soft MC 2001
I have chaired or co-chaired the following conferences in the past. Due to my research and management workload at MSR India, I am currently not undertaking any conference chairing roles.
- POPL 2015 (general chair)
- ICSE 2014 ( workshop co-chair, with Nenad Medvidovic)
- VSTTE 2010 (co-chaired with Gary Leavens and Peter O'Hearn)
- ISEC 2008 and ISEC 2009 (co-chaired together with Pankaj Jalote)
- CAV 2005(co-chaired togetherwith Kousha Etessami)
- SPIN 2003(co-chaired together with Tom Ball)
SNAPL 2015, POPL 2013, PLDI 2013 (ERC), ISEC 2013, VMCAI 2011, PLDI 2010, ICSE 2010, ISEC 2010, ISSRE 2009, FSE 2009, POPL 2009, FSTTCS 2008, CCS 2008, ISSTA 2008, TACAS 2008, ICSE 2008, FSE 2007, FSTTCS 2006, APLAS 2006, APSEC 2006, PLAS 2006 , POPL 2005, TACAS 2005, FMCAD 2004, ISSTA 2004, FSTTCS 2003 , PPoPP 2003, CAV 2003 , TACAS 2003,SPIN 2002, FSE 2002, SAVE 2001