DIRECTOR OF HEALTH & WELLBEING
Microsoft External Research
I have a background in Zoology and worked as Director of Software Engineering at Gene Codes Corporation before moving to Microsoft Research in 2005. In my current role as Director of Health and Wellbeing, I manage a range of collaborations between Microsoft and academia in the area of healthcare research.
For more information, see Health and Wellbeing.
My interests include bioinformatics, synthetic biology, translational medicine and the management of scientific data.
- Munmun De Choudhury, Scott Counts, Eric Horvitz, and Michael Gamon, Predicting Depression via Social Media., AAAI, July 2013
- Silvia Chiappa, John Winn, Ana Viñuela, Hannah Tipney, and Timothy D. Spector, A probabilistic model of biological ageing of the lungs for analysing the effects of smoking, asthma and COPD, in Respiratory Research, vol. 14:60, 30 May 2013
- Munmun de Choudhury, Michael Gamon, Aaron Hoff, and Asta Roseway, "Moon Phrases": A Social Media Facilitated Tool for Emotional Reflection and Wellness., European Alliance for Innovation, May 2013
- Ted McCarthy, Joyojeet Pal, and Edward Cutrell, The “voice” has it: screen reader adoption and switching behavior among vision impaired persons in India, in Assistive Technology: The Official Journal of RESNA, Taylor & Francis, 27 February 2013
- Aisling Ann O’Kane, Helena M. Mentis, and Eno Thereska, Non-Static Nature of Patient Consent: Shifting Privacy Perspectives in Health Information Sharing, in CSCW 2013, ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, 23 February 2013
- Boyan Yordanov, Christoph Wintersteiger, Youssef Hamadi, Andrew Phillips, and Hillel Kugler, Functional Analysis of Large-scale DNA Strand Displacement Circuits, in DNA 19, Springer, September 2013
- Wen Wang, Andreas Stolcke, Jiahong Yuan, and Mark Liberman, A Cross-language Study on Automatic Speech Disfluency Detection, in Proc. NAACL, Association for Computational Linguistics, June 2013
- Michael Harfoot, Derek P. Tittensor, Tim Newbold, Greg McInerny, Matthew J. Smith, and Jorn P.W. Scharlemann, Integrated assessment models for ecologists: the present and the future, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, Wiley, June 2013
- Gian Marco Palamara, Gustav W. Delius, Matthew J. Smith, and Owen L. Petchey, Predation effects on mean time to extinction under demographic stochasticity, in Journal of Theoretical Biology, Elsevier, June 2013
- Zhipeng Gui, Chaowei Yang, Jizhe Xia, Jing Li, Abdelmounaam Rezgui, Min Sun, Yan Xu, and Daniel Fay, A visualization-enhanced graphical user interface for geospatial resource discovery, in Annals of GIS, vol. 0, no. 0, pp. 1-13, Taylor & Francis, 23 April 2013