DIRECTOR OF HEALTH & WELLBEING
Microsoft External Research
I have a background in Zoology and worked as Director of Software Engineering at Gene Codes Corporation before moving to Microsoft Research in 2005. In my current role as Director of Health and Wellbeing, I manage a range of collaborations between Microsoft and academia in the area of healthcare research.
For more information, see Health and Wellbeing.
My interests include bioinformatics, synthetic biology, translational medicine and the management of scientific data.
- Cecily Morrison, Neil Smyth, Robert Corish, Kenton O'Hara, and Abigail Sellen, Collaborating with Computer Vision Systems: An Exploration of Audio Feedback, in ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, 25 June 2014
- Andrew Begel, Thomas Fritz, Sebastian Mueller, Serap Yigit-Elliott, and Manuela Zueger, Using Psycho-Physiological Measures to Assess Task Difficulty in Software Development, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering, International Conference on Software Engineering, 4 June 2014
- Tawfiq Ammari, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Sarita Yardi Schoenebeck, Accessing Social Support and Overcoming Judgment on Social Media among Parents of Children with Special Needs, in Proceedings of ICWSM 2014, AAAI, June 2014
- Munmun De Choudhury, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Ryen White, Seeking and Sharing Health Information Online: Comparing Search Engines and Social Media, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, April 2014
- Ariel Schwartz, Mohini Bhavsar, Edward Cutrell, Jonathan Donner, and Melissa Densmore, Optimizing Mobile Deployments, no. MSR-TR-2014-45, 1 April 2014
- Scott, Mark, Boardman, Richard P., Reed, Philippa A.S., Austin, Tim, Johnston, Steven, Takeda, K, Cox, and Simon J, A framework for user driven data management , in Information Systems, Elsevier, June 2014
- Maria Bruna, Jonathan Chapman, and Matthew J Smith, Model reduction for slow-fast stochastic systems with metastable behaviour, in Journal of Chemical Physics, American Institute of Physics, April 2014
- Boyan Yordanov, Neil Dalchau, Paul Grant, Michael Pedersen, Stephen Emmott, Jim Haseloff, and Andrew Phillips, A Computational Method for Automated Characterization of Genetic Components, in ACS Synthetic Biology, American Chemical Society, 14 March 2014
- James Osborne, Miguel Bernabeu, Maria Bruna, Ben Calderhead, Jonathan Cooper, Neil Dalchau, Sara-Jane Dunn, Alexander Fletcher, Robin Freeman, Derek Groen, Bernhard Knapp, Greg McInerny, Gary Mirams, Joe Pitt-Francis, Biswa Sengupta, David Wright, Christian Yates, David Gavaghan, Stephen Emmott, and Charlotte Deane, Ten simple rules for effective computational research, in PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. e1003506, PLoS Computational Biology (Public Library of Science Computational Biology), , March 2014
- Rakesh Agrawal, Behzad Golshan, and Evimaria Terzi, Forming Beneficial Teams of Students in Massive Online Classes, in ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (L@S), ACM, March 2014