DIRECTOR OF HEALTH & WELLBEING
Microsoft External Research
I have a background in Zoology and worked as Director of Software Engineering at Gene Codes Corporation before moving to Microsoft Research in 2005. In my current role as Director of Health and Wellbeing, I manage a range of collaborations between Microsoft and academia in the area of healthcare research.
For more information, see Health and Wellbeing.
My interests include bioinformatics, synthetic biology, translational medicine and the management of scientific data.
- Mohammed Shoaib, Jie Liu, and Matthai Phillipose, Energy Scaling in Multi-tiered Sensing Systems Through Compressive Sensing, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 14 September 2014
- Nina Mishra, Ryen White, Samuel Ieong, and Eric Horvitz, Time-Critical Search, in SIGIR (Information retrieval), ACM, 10 July 2014
- Isabelle Stanton, Samuel Ieong, and Nina Mishra, Circumlocution in Diagnostic Medical Queries, in SIGIR (Information Retrieval), ACM, 8 July 2014
- Nicola Paoletti, Boyan Yordanov, Youssef Hamadi, Christoph M. Wintersteiger, and Hillel Kugler, Analyzing and Synthesizing Genomic Logic Functions, in CAV'14, Springer, July 2014
- Cecily Morrison, Neil Smyth, Robert Corish, Kenton O'Hara, and Abigail Sellen, Collaborating with Computer Vision Systems: An Exploration of Audio Feedback, in ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems, 25 June 2014
- Cory Merow, Matthew J. Smith, Thomas C. Edwards, Antoine Guisan, Sean McMahon, Signe Normand, Wilfried Thuiller, Rafael O. Wuest, Niklaus E. Zimmerman, and Jane Elith, What do we gain from simplicity versus complexity in species distribution models? , in Ecography, Wiley, August 2014
- Miguel Lurgi, Nuria Galiana, Bernat C López, Lucas Joppa, and Jose M Montoya, Network complexity and species traits mediate the effects of biological invasions on dynamic food webs, in Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 2, pp. 36, Choose..., July 2014
- Jonas Geldman, Lucas N Joppa, and Neil Burgess, Mapping Change in Pressure Globally on Land and within Protected Areas, in Conservaton Biology, Choose..., July 2014
- Sean Sloan, Clinton N Jenkins, Lucas N Joppa, David LA Gaveau, and William F Laurance, Remaining natural vegetation in the global biodiversity hotspots, in Biological Conservation, vol. 177, pp. 12–24, Elsevier, July 2014
- Boyan Yordanov, Jongmin Kim, Rasmus L. Petersen, Angelina Shudy, Vishwesh V. Kulkarni, and Andrew Phillips, Computational design of nucleic acid feedback control circuits, in ACS Synthetic Biology, American Chemical Society (In Press), July 2014