From Software Engineering Research into Practice and Back. (EC)2: 8th International Workshop on Exploiting Concurrency Efficiently and Correctly, July 18, 2015. San Francisco, California.
Building billions of software artifacts, 11th International Conference on Software Engineering and Formal Methods, September 25-27, 2013, Madrid, Spain
Analyzing Engineering Process Data at Microsoft: What's the Opportunity? [PPT], Software Experts Summit 2013, Smart Data Science: Harnessing Data for Intelligent Decision Making, IEEE Software, 17 July 2013, Redmond, WA, USA
Finding Models in Model-Based Development. ACM/IEEE 14th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, Models 2011, Wellington, New Zealand, 16-21 Oct. 2011
Future Trends in Software Engineering, Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2011, Cartagena, Columbia, May 18-20, 2011, also at Software Summit 2011, Paris, France, 13-15 April,
- Software engineering and testing at Microsoft: A research perspective. 4th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation, ICST 2011, Berlin, Germany, March 2011
Formal Methods: A Disruptive Technology! TechVista 2011, Koregaon Park, Pune, India on January 21, 2011,
Testing and Verification of Concurrent Shared-memory Systems. 7th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing, Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, Sept 2010
Zen and The Art of Managing Research in Software Engineering, ICSE, New Horizons Dinner Talk, South Africa, May 2010
Automatic Parallelization of Programming Languages: Past, Present and Future. 3rd International Workshop on Multicore Software Engineering. South Africa, May 2010.
Programming languages, Operating Systems and Architectures, 1st Workshop on Architectures and Programming Languages, Munich, November 2009
- From Dependable Multi-user Operating Systems to Dependable Multi-application Operating Systems, 1st International Workshop on Secure Execution of Untrusted Code, Chicago, November 2009
- Software Analysis and Verification tools. (Lectures) Verified Software Workshop, October 2009, Bejing, China.
- VCC: A Practical System for Verifying Concurrent C, Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics, 22nd International Conference, TPHOLs 2009, Munich, Germany, August 17-20
- VCC: Contract-based Modular Verification of Concurrent C, 7th International Conference on Perspectives of System Informatics, Novosibirsk, Russia, June 2009
- The Design of a Task Parallel Library, 2nd Meeting International Working Group on Software Engineering for parallel Systems, Vancouver, May 2009
- Automating Software Testing Using Program Analysis. Engineering Secure Software and Systems: First International Symposium, ESSoS 2009, Leuven, Belgium
- Using Dynamic Symbolic Execution to Improve Deductive Verification. 15th International SPIN Workshop on Model Checking of Software, Los, Angeles, USA, Aug. 2008
- The Power of Rich Syntax for Model-based Development. 28th IFIP WG6.1 International Conference on Formal Techniques for Networked and Distributed Systems(FORTE 2008), Tokyo Japan, June 2008
- Experiments in Verifying Low Level Concurrent C Code, 12th International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS 2007), 10-14 July 2007, Auckland, New Zealand
- Pex - An Intelligent Assistant for Rigorous Developer Testing. 12th International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS 2007), 10-14 July 2007, Auckland, New Zealand
- Specification and Verification of Object-Oriented Software, Lectures. NATO Summer School on Software System Reliability and Security, Aug 1-3, 2006, Marktoberdorf, Germany.
- Challenge problems in software testing. Third International Workshop on Software Quality Assurance, SOQUA 2006, Portland, Oregon, USA, November, 2006
- A simple sequential reasoning approach for sound modular verification of mainstream multithreaded programs, 1st Thread Verification Workshop, Seattle, USA, 2006
- Modular, Sequential Reasoning for Multithreaded Spec# Programs, 18th New England Programming Languages and Systems Symposium, Maine, USA, October 2006
- Model-Based Testing of Cryptographic Protocols, Symposium on Trustworthy Global Computing, Edinburgh, UK, April , 2005
- Specifying and Testing Software Components with Spec#. Fourth Workshop on Runtime Verification, Barcelona, Spain, April 2004
- Why Doesn't Anyone Use Formal Methods? Integrated Formal Methods, Second International Conference, IFM 2000, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, November, 2000
- Translating Theory into Practice - Abstract State Machines within Microsoft. Computer Science Logic, 14th Annual Conference of the EACSL, Fischbachau, Germany, August, 2000
- Numerous talks at Schloss Dagstuhl and Universities…