I am a Senior Research Program Manager in the Microsoft Research Connections EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) team. I am based at Microsoft Research Cambridge where I am responsible for academic research partnerships in the region. I have a background in databases, security, distributed and mobile/wireless systems, and am now working with research groups across Microsoft Research Cambridge on projects relating to Computer Science, Education, Design, and Computational Science. My particular interest lies in bridging research topics in Computer Science with other domains, especially Design and Computational Science.
I hold a PhD in Computer Science from University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory and a Masters in Computer Science from TU Braunschweig. Before joining Microsoft Research in 2009, I was a Lecturer in Information Security at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Sue Sentance, Steven Johnston, Steve Hodges, Jan Kučera, James Scott, and Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Learning to Program with Visual Basic and .NET Gadgeteer, Microsoft Research, 1 November 2013.
- Steve Hodges, James Scott, Sue Sentance, Colin Miller, Nicolas Villar, Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Kerry Hammil, and Steven Johnston, .NET Gadgeteer: A New Platform for K-12 Computer Science Education, in SIGCSE '13 Proceedings of the 44th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, ACM, March 2013.
- Sue Sentance and Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Challenge and Creativity: Using .NET Gadgeteer in Schools (Best Paper Award), in Proceedings of 7th Workshop on Primary and Secondary Computing Education (WIPSCE '12), ACM, 8 November 2012.
- Ken Moody, Jean Bacon, David Evans, and Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Implementing a Practical Spatio-Temporal Composite Event Language, in From Active Data Management to Event-Based Systems and More, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010.
- Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche and Ken Moody, The SpaTeC Composite Event Language for Spatio-Temporal Reasoning in Mobile Systems, ACM Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS), July 2009.
- Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Context-Dependent Event Detection in Sensor Networks (Fast Abstract), ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS), July 2008.
- Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Spatio-Temporal Reasoning with Composite Events in Mobile Systems (Fast Abstract), ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS), July 2008.