I currently work on Deuteronomy project.
Previously I shipped some SCOPE Runtime features when I worked in the SCOPE team. I designed and implemented multi-version concurrency control via timestamp range conflict management into MS SQL Server when I worked in the MSR Database Group last time. Further before, I worked in the Microsoft SQL Server group, where I shipped CDC (change data capture) and Peer-to-Peer Transactional Replication Conflict Detection in SQL Server 2008, and some kernel component for AlwaysOn in SQL Server 2012.
I got my PHD degree from Northeastern University in 2006. My advisor was Prof. Betty Salzberg. My research interest in school was on database online reorganization and application recovery. My PHD dissertation was on Log-Based Recovery for Middleware Servers.
- Justin Levandoski, David Lomet, Sudipta Sengupta, Ryan Stutsman, and Rui Wang, High Performance Transactions in Deuteronomy, Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR 2015), 4 January 2015.
- David Lomet, Alan Fekete, Rui Wang, and Peter Ward, Multi-Version Concurrency via Timestamp Range Conflict Management, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, April 2012.
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Log-Based Middleware Server Recovery with Transaction Support, in The VLDB Journal, Very Large Data Bases Endowment Inc., April 2011.
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Transaction Support for Log-Based Middleware Server Recovery, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, 2009.
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Log-based recovery for middleware servers, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2007.
- David B. Lomet, Roger S. Barga, Mohamed F. Mokbel, German Sheglov, Rui Wang, and Yunyue Zhu, Transaction Time Support Inside a Database Engine, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, 2006.
- David B. Lomet, Roger S. Barga, Mohamed F. Mokbel, German Shegalov, Rui Wang, and Yunyue Zhu, Immortal DB: transaction time support for SQL server, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2005.
- Xiaowei Sun, Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and Chendong Zou, Online B-tree Merging, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2005.