I currently work with David Lomet to modify the SQL Server lock manager to provide multi-version concurrency control via timestamp range conflict management.
Previously, I was a developer for four year in the Microsoft SQL Server group, where I shipped CDC (change data capture) and Peer-to-Peer Transactional Replication Conflict Detection in SQL Server 2008, and finished some component to be shipped in SQL Server 2012.
I got my Phd degree from Northeastern University in 2006. My advisor was Prof. Betty Salzberg. My research interest in school was database online reorganization and application recovery. My Phd thesis was on Log-Based Recovery for Middleware Servers. During my Phd study, I worked as an intern twice in the Microsoft Research Database Group on two projects, Phoenix Persistent Applications and Immortal DB, respectively.
Before I came to United States for my Phd study, I worked as a technical support engineer at Microsoft’s Technical Support Center in Shanghai, China for a year, focusing on SQL Server, MTS and MSMQ.
- David Lomet, Alan Fekete, Rui Wang, and Peter Ward, Multi-Version Concurrency via Timestamp Range Conflict Management, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, April 2012
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Log-Based Middleware Server Recovery with Transaction Support, in The VLDB Journal, Very Large Data Bases Endowment Inc., April 2011
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Transaction Support for Log-Based Middleware Server Recovery, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, 2009
- Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and David B. Lomet, Log-based recovery for middleware servers, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2007
- David B. Lomet, Roger S. Barga, Mohamed F. Mokbel, German Sheglov, Rui Wang, and Yunyue Zhu, Transaction Time Support Inside a Database Engine, in ICDE, IEEE Computer Society, 2006
- David B. Lomet, Roger S. Barga, Mohamed F. Mokbel, German Shegalov, Rui Wang, and Yunyue Zhu, Immortal DB: transaction time support for SQL server, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2005
- Xiaowei Sun, Rui Wang, Betty Salzberg, and Chendong Zou, Online B-tree Merging, in SIGMOD, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 2005