Ranveer Chandra: Talks
Incubation on IoT Applications
Tel: (425) 706-7034
- FCC's Panel on "Innovating in Spectrum Access—Technological Advances and Other Approaches to Facilitate More Productive Spectrum Use" (part of FCC’s National Broadband Plan -- Spectrum Workshop), September 2009
Selected Keynotes/Colloquia/Invited Talks:
- Invited Talk, Future of Distributed Computing (FuDiCo), Ithaca, October 2015, "Towards 7x Improvement in Battery Life"
- Keynote, IEEE Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN), Stockholm, October 2015, "Connecting Africa Using the TV White Spaces: From Research to Real World Deployments"
- Spotlight Talk, MIT Technology Review Digital Summit, San Francisco, June 2014, "Powering our Digital Lives"
- Keynote, IEEE Workshop on Network Measurements (WiNMeE), Hammamet, Tunisia, May 2014, "Dynamic Spectrum Access: From Connecting Rural Africa to Finding the Next White Space Opportunity"
- Keynote, ACM Workshop on Power-Aware Computing and Systems (HotPower), co-located with SOSP 2013 at Nemacolin, November 2013, "Towards 7X Improvement in Battery Life of Mobile Devices"
- Plenary Invited Talk, Wireless World Research Forum (WWRF), Vancouver, October 2013, "Dynamic Spectrum Access in the TV White Spaces & Beyond"
- (Invited talk) White Spaces Training, Malawi, Africa, July 2013. 4-hour tutorial on White space technologies, invited by MACRA (spectrum regulators of Malawi)
- QoSMOS Dynamic Spectrum Sharing Seminar, Washington DC, "White Space Networking: Trials & Ongoing Research" (slides)
- Philippines ICTO TVWS Workshop, Manila, February 2013, "Geo-location Databases for White Space Networking"
- Invited keynote, IIT Bombay TechFest Tech-a-Tete, January, 2013, "Dynamic Spectrum Access: A New Paradigm for Wireless Networking"
- TVWS Global Momentum towards Commercialization, Singapore White Spaces Event, October 2012, Inside the Nerve Center: Progress on TVWS Geo-Location Databases (slides)
- Keynote, ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental evaluation & Characterization (WinTech), collocated with MobiCom, August 2012, "White Space Networking in the TV Bands & Beyond" (slides)
- Imperial College Energy and Performance Colloquium, May 2012, "Intelligent Offload to Improve Battery Lifetime of Mobile Devices" (slides)
- Law Seminars International, Conference on Wireless Broadband Developments, November 2011, "White Space Networking: The Road Ahead" (slides)
- Audio Engineering Society (AES), Pacific Northwest Section, October 2011, "WiFi, Whitespace, Wireless microphones: Can They Coexist?" (video)
- CS Colloquium, University of Wisconsin-Madison, September 2010, "Networking Devices over the TV White Spaces"
- Keynote, ACM SIGACT/SIGMOBILE Internation Workshop on Foundations of Mobile Computing (DIALM-POMC), September, 2010, "Networking Devices over the White Spaces"
- MIT CSAIL Wireless Networks Mini-Workshop, June 2010, "Experiences Deploying a Campus Wide Network over White Spaces"
- Department of Information Engineering Seminar, CUHK April 2010, "Networking Devices over White Spaces"
- EE Colloquium, University of Washington, February 2010, "Networking Devices over White Spaces" (slides)
- CS Colloquium, University College London, April 2009, "Somniloquy: Augmenting Network Interfaces to Reduce PC Energy Usage" (slides)
- Joint CS/ECE Colloquium, Purdue University, April 2009, "Next Generation Wi-Fi: Networking Devices over White Spaces" (slides)
- Keynote, IEEE Secon SDR Workshop, June 2008, "Networking over the TV White Spaces" (slides, overview of the v1 phase of the KNOWS project)
- Networking/Communications/DSP Seminar, UC Berkeley, February 2008, "Cognitive Wireless Networking in the TV Bands" (slides)
- Colloquium, Boeing Phantom Labs, November 2007, "Cognitive Wireless Networking in the TV Bands"
- Workloads of the Future Workshop, GSRC UC Berkeley, November 2007, "Connecting the Unconnected: The Networking Challenge"
- Networking Seminar, UIUC, September 2007, "Managing Enterprise Wireless LANs Using DAIR"