Talks by Rama
- Filtered, Fidelity-aware Replication of Data among Devices and the Cloud
Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham NC, December 2010.
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, June 2010.
Microsoft Research India, Bangalore, India, May 2010.
- Docx2Go: Collaborative Editing of Fidelity-Reduced Documents on Mobile Devices
International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys), San Francisco CA, June 2010.
- The Duality between Message Routing and Epidemic Data Replication
ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets), New York NY, October 2009.
- A Novel Data Placement Model for Highly Available Storage Systems
Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Middleware Workshop (LADIS), IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown, NY, September 2008.
- Sequoia: Virtual-Tree Models for Internet Path Metrics
Microsoft P2P Summit, Redmond, WA, March 2008.
ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), Stevenson WA, October 2007. (WIPS)
MSR Networking Mindswap, Kyoto, Japan, August 2007.
- Graceful Degradation through Time Travel
ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC), Portland OR, August 2007.
- Cost-Aware Self-Organizing Systems for Decentralized Internet Services
Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Middleware Workshop, Technion, Haifa, Israel, March 2007.
Ph.D. Defense Talk, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, July 2006.
International Computer Science Institute (ICSI), Berkeley CA, June 2006.
- CoDoNS: Replacing the DNS Hierarchy with Peers
DNS Operations Pre-NANOG Workshop, San Jose CA, June 2006.
- Perils of Transitive Trust in the Domain Name System
Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, Mountain View CA, June 2006.
Cornell Systems Lunch Series, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, December 2005.
ACM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), Berkeley CA, October 2005.
- Corona: A High Performance Publish-Subscribe System for the World Wide Web
USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), San Jose CA, May 2006.
- Building High Performance Infrastructure Services through Analysis-driven Caching
Microsoft Research Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, May 2005.
Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, Mountain View CA, May 2005.
Department of Computer Science, Brown University, Providence RI, April 2005.
Department of Computer Science, University of Chicago, Chicago IL, April 2005.
Wireless Networks Laboratory, School of Electrical and Coumpter Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, April 2005.
Division of Computer and Information Sciences, Rutgers University, Piscataway NJ, April 2005.
- Honeycomb: Enabling Structured DHTs to Support High Performance Applications
USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI), San Francisco CA, December 2004. (WIPS)
- CoDoNS: Fast, Resilient, and Scalable Name Service for the Internet
Cornell Systems Lunch Series, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, December 2004.
NEC Laboratories America, Princeton NJ, December 2004.
IEEE Computer Communications Workshop, Bonita Springs FL, October 2004.
- Beehive: O(1) Lookup Performance for Power-Law Query Distributions in Peer-to-Peer Overlays
USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), San Francisco CA, March 2004.
Cornell Systems Lunch Series, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, October 2003.
- SHARP: A Hybrid Adaptive Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Wireless Networks Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, November 2005.
Department of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, June 2003.
Workshop on Cross-Layer Integration in Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, June 2003.
ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc), Annapolis MD, June 2003.
- Caching of XML Web Services for Disconnected Operation
Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, Mountain View CA, August 2002.
- Providing a Bidirectional Abstraction for Unidirectional Ad Hoc Networks
IEEE INFOCOM, New York NY, June 2002.
- Anonymous Gossip: Improving Multicast Reliability in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
International Conference on Distributed Computer Systems (ICDCS), Phoenix AZ, April 2001.
- Finite Automata Principles for 2D Image and 3D Object Representation
International Workshop on Parallel Image Processing and Analysis-Theory and Applications (IWPIPA), Chennai, India, January 1999.