- Address: One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (425) 707-9146
- Fax: (425) 936-7329
- Safe programming of asynchronous interaction: Can we do it for real?
- Invited Lecture, Verified Software Workshop, 2012
- QED: A simplifier for concurrent programs
- Scalable contract checking for systems software using SMT solvers
- Invited Lecture, International Static Analysis Symposium (SAS), 2009
- Taming concurrency: A program verification perspective
- Distinguished Lecture, Computer Science Department, Princeton University, December 2007
- Invited Lecture, International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR), August 2008
- Algorithmic verification of concurrent programs
- MSR India Summer School on Programming Languages, Analysis and Verification, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, June 2008.
- Escuela de Ciencias Informáticas, University of Buenos Aires, July 2007.
- First International Summer School on Emerging Trends in Concurrency, July 2006.
- Summer School on Language-Based Techniques for Concurrent and Distributed Software, University of Oregon, July 2006.
- Formal Verification of Computer Systems (CSE 599F), University of Washington, Spring 2006.
I am a member of the Research in Software Engineering group at Microsoft Research. My work aims to improve software reliability by providing programmers with automated tools to analyze their programs. Most of my work has focused on analysis of concurrent software.
- Akash Lal and Shaz Qadeer, Reachability Modulo Theories, in 7th International workshop on Reachability Problems (Invited Paper), September 2013
- Rui Wang, Yuchen Zhou - in alphabetical order, Shuo Chen, Shaz Qadeer, David Evans, and Yuri Gurevich, Explicating SDKs: Uncovering Assumptions Underlying Secure Authentication and Authorization, in Proceedings of the USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX, August 2013
- Ankush Desai, Vivek Gupta, Ethan Jackson, Shaz Qadeer, Sriram Rajamani, and Damien Zufferey, P: Safe Asynchronous Event-Driven Programming, in Programming Languages Design and Implementation (PLDI) 2013, ACM, June 2013
- Michael Emmi, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Asynchronous programs with prioritized task buffers, in Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), November 2012
- Akash Lal, Shaz Qadeer, and Shuvendu Lahiri, Corral: A Solver for Reachability Modulo Theories, in Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), July 2012
- Joseph Devietti, Benjamin P. Wood, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, Dan Grossman, and Shaz Qadeer, RADISH: Always-On Sound and Complete Race Detection in Software and Hardware, in Proceedings of the 39th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, IEEE, June 2012
- Rui Wang, Shuo Chen, XiaoFeng Wang, and Shaz Qadeer, How to Shop for Free Online – Security Analysis of Cashier-as-a-Service Based Web Stores, in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland) (Best Practical Paper award), IEEE Computer Society, May 2011
- Caitlin Sadowski, Thomas Ball, Judith Bishop, Sebastian Burckhardt, Ganesh Gopalakrishnan, Joseph Mayo, Madanlal Musuvathi, Shaz Qadeer, and Stephen Toub, Practical parallel and concurrent programming, in SIGCSE, ACM, 2011
- Michael Emmi, Shaz Qadeer, and Zvonimir Rakamaric, Delay-bounded scheduling, in Proceedings of the 38th ACM SIGACT-SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., January 2011
- Thomas Ball, Brian Hackett, Shuvendu K. Lahiri, Shaz Qadeer, and Julien Vanegue, Towards scalable modular checking of user-defined properties, in Verified Software: Theories, Tools and Experiments (VSTTE 2010), Springer Verlag, August 2010