Building 99 / 3223
As of Nov. 2011, I joined Rick Szeliski's Interactive Visual Media group at MSR Redmond. Previously, I was a postdoc at the Computation Vision lab at Caltech under Pietro Perona and before that a PhD under the guidance of Serge Belongie at UCSD. I successfully defended my PhD on "Learning from Local Image Regions" in August 2007 and have continued doing research in computer vision and machine learning ever since!
I am interested in machine learning and pattern recognition and their application to computer vision. In particular, I aim to answer two fundamental questions: What are the most effective representations of images and videos that make subsequent reasoning about their content tractable? And what learning paradigms optimally capture the structure and properties of visual information? Understanding the interplay between representation and learning is central toward achieving a more complete understanding of machine vision.
For more information, including project descriptions, code, data, etc., please check out my full webpage!
- T.Y. Lin, M. Maire, S. Belongie, J. Hays, P. Perona, D. Ramanan, P. Dollár, and C. L. Zitnick, Microsoft COCO: Common Objects in Context, in ECCV, European Conference on Computer Vision, September 2014
- C. Lawrence Zitnick and Piotr Dollár, Edge Boxes: Locating Object Proposals from Edges, in ECCV, European Conference on Computer Vision, September 2014
- Bharath Hariharan, C. Lawrence Zitnick, and Piotr Dollár, Detecting Objects using Deformation Dictionaries, in CVPR, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2014
- Piotr Dollár, Ron Appel, Serge Belongie, and Pietro Perona, Fast Feature Pyramids for Object Detection, in PAMI, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, April 2014
- Annegret L. Falkner, Piotr Dollar, Pietro Perona, David J. Anderson, and Dayu Lin, Decoding Ventromedial Hypothalamic Neural Activity during Male Mouse Aggression, in JNS, Journal of Neuroscience, April 2014
- Piotr Dollár and C. Lawrence Zitnick, Structured Forests for Fast Edge Detection, in ICCV, International Conference on Computer Vision, December 2013
- X.P. Burgos-Artizzu, P. Perona, and P. Dollár, Robust Face Landmark Estimation Under Occlusion, in ICCV, International Conference on Computer Vision, December 2013
- X.P. Burgos-Artizzu, D. Hall, P. Perona, and P. Dollár, Merging Pose Estimates Across Space and Time, in BMVC, British Machine Vision Conference, September 2013
- Joseph Lim, C. Lawrence Zitnick, and Piotr Dollár, Sketch Tokens: A Learned Mid-level Representation for Contour and Object Detection, in CVPR, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2013
- Dennis Park, C. Lawrence Zitnick, Deva Ramanan, and Piotr Dollár, Exploring Weak Stabilization for Motion Feature Extraction, in CVPR, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2013
- Ron Appel, Thomas Fuchs, Piotr Dollár, and Pietro Perona, Quickly Boosting Decision Trees - Pruning Underachieving Features Early, in ICML, International Conference on Machine Learning, June 2013
- P. Dollár, R. Appel, and W. Kienzle, Crosstalk Cascades for Frame-Rate Pedestrian Detection, in ECCV, European Conference on Computer Vision, September 2012
- X.P. Burgos-Artizzu, P. Dollár, D. Lin, D.J. Anderson, and P. Perona, Social Behavior Recognition in Continuous Videos, in CVPR, Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, June 2012