- born in Saarbruecken, Germany
- grew up near Frankfurt, Germany
- 1990-91: Fulbright scholar at the University of Washington
- 1992: MA in linguistics, University of Washington
-1996: PhD in linguistics, University of Washington
- 1996: internship in the NLP group
- 1996: joined MS as German grammarian in the NLP group, writing the German grammar for NLPWin, still used in the German grammar checker in Office
- 1997-1998: working from the German MS sub in Unterschleissheim
- 1998 - 2014: member of the NLP group
- Since Feb 2014: member of the Knowledge and Language Team in
Click here for a full list.
- Helen J. Wang, Alexander Moshchuk, Michael Gamon, Mona Haraty, Shamsi Iqbal, Eli T. Brown, Ashish Kapoor, Chris Meek, Eric Chen, Yuan Tian, Jaime Teevan, Mary Czerwinski, and Susan Dumais, The Activity Platform, no. MSR-TR-2015-38, 8 May 2015.
- Jianfeng Gao, Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, Xiaodong He, Li Deng, and Yelong Shen, Modeling Interestingness with Deep Neural Networks, EMNLP, October 2014.
- Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, and Ariel Fuxman, Smart Selection, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 6 June 2014.
- Emre Kıcıman, Scott Counts, Michael Gamon, Munmun De Choudhury, and Bo Thiesson, Discussion Graphs: Putting Social Media Analysis in Context, in Intl. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM-14), AAAI, 2 June 2014.
- Fernando Diaz, Michael Gamon, Jake Hofman, Emre Kiciman, and David Rothschild, Online and social media data as a flawed continuous panel survey, 15 May 2014.