- born in Saarbruecken, Germany
- grew up near Frankfurt, Germany
- 1990-91: Fulbright scholar at the University of Washington
- 1992: MA in linguistics, University of Washington
-1996: PhD in linguistics, University of Washington
- 1996: internship in the NLP group
- 1996: joined MS as German grammarian in the NLP group, writing the German grammar for NLPWin, still used in the German grammar checker in Office
- 1997-1998: working from the German MS sub in Unterschleissheim
- 1998 - 2014: member of the NLP group
- Since Feb 2014: member of the Knowledge and Language Team in
Click here for a full list.
- Kristina Toutanova, Danqi Chen, Patrick Pantel, Hoifung Poon, Pallavi Choudhury, and Michael Gamon, Representing Text for Joint Embedding of Text and Knowledge Bases, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 17 September 2015.
- Helen J. Wang, Alexander Moshchuk, Michael Gamon, Mona Haraty, Shamsi Iqbal, Eli T. Brown, Ashish Kapoor, Chris Meek, Eric Chen, Yuan Tian, Jaime Teevan, Mary Czerwinski, and Susan Dumais, The Activity Platform, no. MSR-TR-2015-38, 8 May 2015.
- Jianfeng Gao, Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, Xiaodong He, Li Deng, and Yelong Shen, Modeling Interestingness with Deep Neural Networks, EMNLP, October 2014.
- Michael Gamon, Arjun Mukherjee, and Patrick Pantel, Predicting Interesting Things in Text, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, August 2014.
- Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, and Ariel Fuxman, Smart Selection, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 6 June 2014.