- born in Saarbruecken, Germany
- grew up near Frankfurt, Germany
- 1990-91: Fulbright scholar at the University of Washington
- 1992: MA in linguistics, University of Washington
-1996: PhD in linguistics, University of Washington
- 1996: internship in the NLP group
- 1996: joined MS as German grammarian in the NLP group, writing the German grammar for NLPWin, still used in the German grammar checker in Office
- 1997-1998: working from the German MS sub in Unterschleissheim
- 1998 - 2014: member of the NLP group
- Since Feb 2014: member of the Knowledge and Language Team in
Click here for a full list.
- Jianfeng Gao, Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, Xiaodong He, Li Deng, and Yelong Shen, Modeling Interestingness with Deep Neural Networks, EMNLP, October 2014.
- Patrick Pantel, Michael Gamon, and Ariel Fuxman, Smart Selection, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 6 June 2014.
- Emre Kıcıman, Scott Counts, Michael Gamon, Munmun De Choudhury, and Bo Thiesson, Discussion Graphs: Putting Social Media Analysis in Context, in Intl. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM-14), AAAI, 2 June 2014.
- Fernando Diaz, Michael Gamon, Jake Hofman, Emre Kiciman, and David Rothschild, Online and social media data as a flawed continuous panel survey, 15 May 2014.
- Claudia Leacock, Martin Chodorow, Michael Gamon, and Joel Tetreault, Automated Grammatical Error Detection for Language Learners, Second Edition, Morgan & Claypool, March 2014.